check TWD - Keeper of the Samedis - Palma de Mallorca, Spain - September 23, 2018

27 Sep 2018 11:18 #90790 by Lönkka
Nice turnout, nice decklist, nice t-shirt!

Finnish :POT: Politics!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
27 Sep 2018 17:40 #90798 by Matis

Not much minion interaction in this deck, apart from getting beat up by allies. That together with the Event-cards makes me wonder how this deck avoids incurring too much frustration and tablehate (compare with imbueds - "lets get rid of it and continue playing normally).

Would be interesting to hear Gines comments.

Basically in a non-combat meta, allies shines.
The deck is slow, but once he survive 5-7 turns without too much pressure, the deck is very resiliant.

More
27 Sep 2018 19:11 - 27 Sep 2018 19:12 #90799 by Damnans

Not much minion interaction in this deck, apart from getting beat up by allies. That together with the Event-cards makes me wonder how this deck avoids incurring too much frustration and tablehate (compare with imbueds - "lets get rid of it and continue playing normally).

Would be interesting to hear Gines comments.

Minion interaction in this deck usually happens with allies (not with vampires, who take no actions during the game other than bleeding your prey to death with the help of Club Illusion when my prey has no ready minions left).

Before that my vampires usually lock during my master phase to put allies in play.

As usual in a rush deck with limited intercept, minion interaction normally happens when you rush or when you block. And this one is no exception.

For obvious reasons (events and War Ghouls) this deck gets a lot of table hate, so I expect no cross-table allies to help me out. Despite of that, I was never in peril during the preliminary rounds, because of the pool gain this deck can generate, and the limited defense provided by the Unmasking and Aksinya's special ability.

I won the second round game against all odds though, because my grand predator was playing Nana Buruku rush deck, and he had brought out Nana first, as well as The Parthenon. That meant that I could only play one master card per turn (out of 50!).

However, when I saw that he was under a lot of pressure from his predator, I chose to contest Nana, which caused his oust a few turns later, and my deck growing strong very quickly.

The fact that a deck can cause a lot of table hate, does not necessarily mean that cross-table ousting it will result in the victory of the Methuselah provoking the oust. Therefore, I agree that something must be done against it, but not at the expense of throwing the game win to another player.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
Last edit: 27 Sep 2018 19:12 by Damnans.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Khaan, lionel

More
27 Sep 2018 19:13 #90800 by Damnans

Basically in a non-combat meta, allies shines.
The deck is slow, but once he survive 5-7 turns without too much pressure, the deck is very resiliant.

And also quick enough after it has set up. With this deck I won the 3 preliminary rounds and the final round. None of those games timed out.

:vtes: V:EKN Website Coordinator

:baal: :AUS: :DAI: :FOR: :OBF: :PRE: :MAL: :STR: :flight: :cap11:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka

More
28 Sep 2018 03:17 #90808 by ReverendRevolver
War Ghouls and Legionnaires winning in one month?

Time to dust off those 20+ copies of Sacre Cour Cathedral.......

More
28 Sep 2018 07:29 #90811 by Lönkka

Time to dust off those 20+ copies of Sacre Cour Cathedral.......

Just thought about Sacre Cour yesterday too...

You see it see very rarely in the decks. I think since day 1 I've never seen it anywhere but in my own decks. And only a few times in those.

But with the current abundance of useful Allies (not forgetting Carlton, Nocturn and especially Nephandi) I think especially Magic of the Smith decks should always pack one.

Finnish :POT: Politics!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Damnans, lionel

• Lönkka
  • Antediluvian
  • Antediluvian
  • War=peace, freedom=slavery, ignorance=strength
More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds