check TWD Under Siege: Charlotte

22 Jan 2019 01:20 - 23 Jan 2020 15:38 #93064 by yafka
Under Siege: Charlotte
January 20, 2019
2 Rounds + Final
15 Players
www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9085

On January 20, 2019, 15 methuselahs from four states came to Charlotte to ferry off with as many booster packs as they could.

After two rounds, the finalists were:

Justin Lacey (Kiasyd Stealth Bleed) 2 GW 8VP
Felipe Fiuza (Harbingers Legionnaires) 1 GW 6VP
Brad Cashdollar (Baali Vote) 1 GW 4VP
Chris Stitzlein (Harbingers Legionnaires) 1 GW 4.5 VP
Ethan Tyler Mathis (Nosferatu Black Hand) 0 GW 1.5 VP

Finals Seating:
Ethan (first)
Justin
Chris
Felipe
Brad

Justin got the first VP within the first hour of play, bleeding out Chris.

Felipe bled and bounced some of Justin’s stealth bleeds to Brad. Brad was down to two pool at one point. Justin ousted Felipe and Brad for his second and third VP.

Ethan tooled up his !Nosferatu, using Black Hand tricks and some political actions, bloating some with Powerbases and a Watchtower. Ethan was able to bleed out Justin as the final round timed down, gaining 2VP.

====================================
Deck Name: The Capitalist are coming!
Author: Justin Lacey
Background: So, originally was going to play a Harbinger deck, but there were several at the tournament. Contesting is an easy way to lose, so swap to Kiasyd.
2gw8 -- 3 vp in the Final.

This is simply my power bleed Kiasyd (there many on TWDA). I doubled up on the group 4-5 Kiasyd to make Song of Pan more potent.

Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=5 max=8 avg=6.833333)
==================
2x Isanwayen 6 DOM MYT OBT Kiasyd:4
2x Arcadian, The 8 chi for DOM MYT OBT Kiasyd:5
2x Omme Enberbenight 7 cel dom MYT OBT Kiasyd:4
2x Pherydima 8 obt pot DOM MYT NEC Kiasyd:4
2x Roderick Phillips March 7 cel obt tha DOM MYT Kiasyd:4
2x Dame Hollerton 5 myt DOM OBT Kiasyd:4
Library: 83 cards
Note: Could be less, but I was worried about running out of steam on bloat machines.

Master (14 cards)
==================
1x Great Symposium --- (Get the Arcadian)
2x Information Highway
1x Pentex(TM) Subversion
1x Barrens, The
2x Wash --- (Stop Pentex Subversion from being used on you, sadly I never drew it when I needed it)
2x Capitalist
2x Chanjelin Ward --- (was worried about Rush)
1x Coven, The
2x Dreams of the Sphinx

Note: No pool gain, you need all the blood on the vampires to pay for cards, thus The Coven and Capitalist.

Action (20 cards)
==================
13x Govern the Unaligned
4x Gremlins
3x Song of Pan

Note: This is all bleed, you never Govern down unless it nets you +1 Vampire.

Action Modifier (24 cards)
==================
2x Foreshadowing Destruction
3x Shadow Play
3x Shroud of Absence
6x Stone Travel
2x Bonding
2x Command of the Beast
6x Conditioning

Action Modifier/Combat (6 cards)
==================
6x Fae Contortion

Action Modifier/Reaction (2 cards)
==================
2x Murmur of the False Will

Combat (3 cards)
==================
3x Shadow Body
Note: Combat could happen, but really this for Song of Pan.

Reaction/Action Modifier (4 cards)
==================
4x Aura Absorption

Reaction (10 cards)
==================
4x On the Qui Vive
6x Deflection

Attachments:
Last edit: 23 Jan 2020 15:38 by Ankha. Reason: forgot to add link to event page
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas, Ankha, jblacey, LivesByProxy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Jan 2019 08:19 #93066 by LivesByProxy
Thanks for hosting the tourney!

Justin taught me a lot of concepts about the game, and my !Nos is modeled after his !Nos deck he showed me (different crypts, and I was political + Black Hand, but my reactions and action modifiers were all ripped from his deck).

It was interesting to see how quickly the entire table turned on him and his Kiasyd. As soon as he revealed one, Felipe, my cross-table Harbinger grand predator, began explaining to me that I needed to put as much KRC pressure on him as possible, else he would sweep the table. I knew of the Kiasyd being power-bleed stealth, but I was completely unprepared for them. Had Justin been my predator, he would've torn through me. The only thing that stopped him from picking me as his prey was that he wasn't sure what Brad was playing, but he knew my !Nos needed time.

My predator, Brad, with his Baali Politics, basically didn't pressure me the whole game. He agreed to let me tool-up, and I asked him to bleed me and/or get into combat with me to help me cycle cards. I even agreed to KRC myself for 2 if it meant I could put 2 on Justin. I think I got Justin to 3-4 pool before Chris was ousted.

Chris had tried bleeding Felipe a few times, and did some damage, but Felipe was Villein'ing hard, pulling 4-5 blood off of his Harbinger's twice. He got up to 17 pool before Chris died, and had still managed to have Erlik and Erebus out, plus 2-3 Legionnaires but his vamps were very low on blood.

Then Chris was ousted. Brad got down to 3-4 pool with his infernal minions doing most of the damage to him over the course of the game. I think Felipe bleed him for 8 in one turn at some point? Felipe also bounced a bleed to him. Then I called a KRC putting 3 on Justin and 1 on Felipe and Felipe said I had just killed him, and then Justin ousted him. I managed to bleed Justin for 7 with Humo but then Brad was ousted. I bled Justin for 7 with Humo again, and Greensleeves for 1, finally killing him. He still won the table and the tourney but I had finally managed to oust him (after six or seven failed attempts at being his predator in past games...)

The funny part of it, to me, was that I showed him my !Nos deck before the tourney, and he told me I should remove all of my combat and add more votes, for a thinner, more consistent deck. I didn't listen. Lesson learned. :side:

:gang: :CEL: :FOR: :PRO: :cap6: Gangrel. Noddist. Camarilla. Once each turn, LivesByProxy may burn 1 blood to lose Protean :PRO: until the end of the turn and gain your choice of superior Auspex :AUS:, Obfuscate :OBF:, or Potence :POT: for the current action.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus, yafka, jblacey

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds