check TWD - Ano da Fortuna - Maceió, Brazil - 11.Jan.2020

30 Jan 2020 19:13 - 12 Apr 2020 17:09 #98825 by Charles_Bronson
Ano da Fortuna (www.vekn.net/event-calendar/event/9524)
Maceió, Brazil
11 of January of 2020
15 Players
Winner: Marcelo Mendes
Notes: Our champion Marcelo <aka jackfruit> is an old player who just got back in the game and played with a incomplete deck. The player benefited immensely from the reactions in his deck on this tournament meta. This deck should soon be upgraded with 1 more form of corruption and at least 3-4 enticements.

Name: Setites Bleed with Stealth
Crypt (12 cards; Capacity min=4 max=10 avg=7.888889)
==================
2x Marla Kenyon 4 ser PRE Follower of Set:4
1x Arnulf Jormungandrsson 8 aus cel OBF PRE SER Follower of Set:5
2x Nakhthorheb 10 OBF PRE SER Follower of Set:4
1x Neferu 9 dom nec OBF PRE SER THA Follower of Set:4
1x Pentweret 9 aus for obe OBF PRE SER Follower of Set:5
1x Porphyrion 9 for CHI OBF PRE SER Follower of Set:5
2x Renenet 5 ser OBF PRE Follower of Set:4
1x Shemti 9 vic OBF POT PRE SER Follower of Set:5
1x Sundervere, The Devil Brahmin 8 obf AUS PRE SER THA Follower of Set:4

Library: 89 cards

Master (11 cards)
==================
1x Eternals of Sirius, The
1x Khobar Towers, Al-Khubar
2x Minion Tap
1x Opium Den
1x Rumor Mill, Tabloid Newspaper, The
1x Serpentis
1x Temple Hunting Ground
3x Blood Doll

Action (13 cards)
==================
4x Enchant Kindred
1x Form of Corruption
2x Legal Manipulations
5x Social Charm
1x Conceal

Action Modifier (28 cards)
==================
6x Elder Impersonation
5x Faceless Night
7x Lost in Crowds
5x Spying Mission
5x True Love's Face

Action Modifier/Combat (5 cards)
==================
5x Swallowed by the Night

Combat (11 cards)
==================
4x Majesty
7x Serpent's Numbing Kiss

Ally (1 cards)
==================
1x Saatet-ta

Reaction (20 cards)
==================
4x Eluding the Arms of Morpheus
9x Ophidian Gaze
7x Ecstasy

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
Last edit: 12 Apr 2020 17:09 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
31 Jan 2020 18:42 #98836 by Hakuron
It would be a nice feature to get to know the other finalists and their decks / decks archetypes, too!

National Coordinator Germany
nc [dot] germany [at] magenta [dot] de

More
02 Feb 2020 04:40 #98855 by Charles_Bronson
I'll try.

Las table was:

Me <Tegyrius Wall> -> Tremere Malgorzata Bloat/Bleed -> Jackfruit Setite B+S -> Tremere Big Cap <multiaction/bloat/bleed> -> Osebo Toolbox <Massassi + Cesewayo>

Table started with me on t3 putting a Isabel de Leon and a Smiling Jack. My prey misjudged the power of smiling, and spent all his transfers twice to try to find malgorzata in their crypt. It was his ruin. I holded smiling until 4 pool, netting a 10 pool damage plus a Loss on him, damaging him out of the game (he managed to put rutor in play, but he had only 7 pool, not enough to play another minion. Meanwhile, the tremere big cap was prooceding to setup his deck with lord tremere, gabrielli and rutor's hand, and started governing bot and front (he used several mind of the wilds, bondings and mirror walks for stealth. Nakthorheb soon handjammed with obfuscate and started spamming 1 bleed actions, and tremere just ignored the 1 bleeds with governs, vessels, ashur's and gabrielli's special with rutor's hand.

Soon, the table dynamics was defined. Me and my predator <cesewayo> starting contesting the rack, montreal, and others, tremere big cap was pushing so hard on Osebo and yet he resisted, jackfruit's setite was bleeding 4 every turn with 4 minions and no blocks, and yet during this entire time I still could'nt manage to oust my prey - malgorzata's tremere (I was receiving everyturn 1 redirection from tremere and the osebo was everyturn bleeding or trying to steal my the rack).

After many turns of play, I finally manage to oust my prey, but it was impossible for me to oust the setite (too many reduce bleed actions and he bloated to 4 setites and 16 pool), and almost everyturn I had to rescue parnassus from blocking osebo's actions (too much attrition).

Cesewayo and massassi started pressuring me much more after burning gabrielli di righetti on a diablerie (the setite did it with a small cap, I couldn't rescue - no blood). After that, the tremere played some combat cards and sent cesewayo to torpor. Tired of entering combat with my predator for the entire game and hurted from the attrition, I blocked massassi with fatima and used my ivory bow to send him to torpor, getting him out the city. After the big cap tremere ousted him, I also removed him from the game with a direct intervention on a crucial 5 bleed from jackfruit's. Then I couldn't managed to hold the rack (spent too many wakes already), the edge (too many reduce bleed cards from jackfruit's) and montreal (too many setites and too many stealths) and I finally fallen for his bleed actions from his unjammed hand.

Hope you enjoy.

I am death.
Paul Kersey, Death Wish
:vent::THA::QUI::FOR::dom::obf::cap9:
The following user(s) said Thank You: vragozakas, Hakuron

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.064 seconds