check Expansion Update

14 Sep 2011 17:18 #10199 by Ira
Expansion Update was created by Ira
Hello All,

As someone who believes in open, honest communication, here are some details that I know:

1) Ben Peal is the lead designer of an upcoming fan-based expansion set that will be available as soon as it's ready. Ben has experience with VTES design, and is working with a small team of other game designers to build this set. He's been extremely busy and traveling, and I'm guessing that's why he hasn't already posted here.

1a) It's very hard to predict when a set will be ready, but I know that we're all committed to releasing a good set, instead of rushing to release - that is one benefit of not having any revenue riding on the release of the next set. :) At the same time, we also don't want to wait 1+ year lest the game go stale. If I had to guess, and please don't hold me to this, it'll be between 2 months - 8 months before it goes live.

2) I am also on the design team. I got on it, as far as I can tell, by e-mailing Damnas and saying I wanted to join, after I saw his post on the r.g.t-c.j group looking for artists for an upcoming set. I assume that my background in collaborative game design, professional game design, and long experience with VTES helped get me on the team, but I'm not aware of the actual process that was used.

3) We are definitely watching this forum for card ideas! Please, please keep it up. It's extremely valuable to the community, and every card gets reviewed.

4) We have many, many more card ideas that we can use for the next set. That is awesome, but that also means the hardest work will be pruning the ideas into something cohesive, balanced, interesting, new, and fun.

5) As anyone who has tried to cook a meal with 5 people in a small kitchen, it definitely can get overwhelming to have too many cooks. That's why it's important that we have Ben as the lead designer, and then only a few other people. I feel lucky to be involved, but I also know I don't have a monopoly on good ideas. If you would like to be involved, I think the most, most helpful thing you could do at this point is to volunteer to playtest. I will start another thread in this forum for people interested in playtesting.

I hope this message is helpful. I'm happy to share any additional information I can. Please feel free to post questions here, and I'll respond as I'm able.

It's a pleasure and an honor to get to work on such an exciting game with so many dedicated fans - you all rock!

Ira

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 Sep 2011 18:55 #10204 by Kraus
Replied by Kraus on topic Re: Expansion Update
I once already wrote a longer reply, but it got lost in the cyberwhatever. Here's the main idea:

Thank you so, so, so much. :)

It's good to see things happen if they're asked for. Eventually.

Rock on.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
15 Sep 2011 06:55 #10234 by Pendargon
Replied by Pendargon on topic Re: Expansion Update
I have been aware of this for quite some time now, but i was hoping that Ben himself would do the honor of presenting this news to the community :) .

However, as it is now, i just want to say that i have utmost trust in Ben and others in design team, and their ability to give us interesting and playable mini-expansion, which will add variety and interest in our Vtes lives.

You guys have my full support! Rock on!

:QUI: :POT: :OBE: :CEL: :OBF: :tore: :assa:

More
15 Sep 2011 07:19 #10239 by dude_PL
Replied by dude_PL on topic Re: Expansion Update
good news indeed, cheers

More
15 Sep 2011 10:10 #10252 by jozxyqk
Replied by jozxyqk on topic Re: Expansion Update
I can definitely offer my skills as a published card artist for no charge.

:blank::str: :tem: :tem:
:gang:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dorrinal

More
15 Sep 2011 17:22 #10275 by Miasmat
Replied by Miasmat on topic Re: Expansion Update
We can only hope you produce something as awesome as your avatar image!

Ossian: GRR!

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds