file Card idea: Open the Gate

05 Oct 2011 08:18 #11523 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Open the Gate

If you're creating a card to specifically make Herald playable I think you might as well make a playable version of Herald. Otherwise you're forcing every future demon ally to be balanced with Open the Gate in mind, potentially restricting design space.

You can also replace "demon ally" by "Herald of Tophet" in OtG.
But I don't really care for an hypothetical future design space for demon allies...

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
07 Oct 2011 10:55 #11608 by Suoli
Replied by Suoli on topic Re: Card idea: Open the Gate

If you're creating a card to specifically make Herald playable I think you might as well make a playable version of Herald. Otherwise you're forcing every future demon ally to be balanced with Open the Gate in mind, potentially restricting design space.

But I don't really care for an hypothetical future design space for demon allies...

Or:

Herald of Topheth Tophats
Type: Ally
Discipline: Daimoinon
Cost: 3 pool 1 blood
Requires an infernal vampire.
Demon with 5 life. 3 strength, 1 bleed, flight [FLIGHT].
:dai: Move Herald of Tophats to the ready region when recruited.
The Herald may enter combat with a ready minion controlled by another Methuselah as a (D) action. The Herald may play cards requiring basic Daimoinon [dai], Potence [pot] and/or Presence
 as a vampire with a capacity of 5. Any cost in blood is paid with his life. If a card would give him blood, give him life instead. If the Herald has less than 5 life during your untap phase, add 1 life. During your influence phase, burn 1 pool or burn the Herald.
:DAI: As above, and untap this vampire.

More
10 Oct 2011 05:48 #11731 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Re: Card idea: Open the Gate

Or:

Herald of Topheth Tophats
Type: Ally
Discipline: Daimoinon
Cost: 3 pool 1 blood
Requires an infernal vampire.
Demon with 5 life. 3 strength, 1 bleed, flight [FLIGHT].
:dai: Move Herald of Tophats to the ready region when recruited.
The Herald may enter combat with a ready minion controlled by another Methuselah as a (D) action. The Herald may play cards requiring basic Daimoinon [dai], Potence [pot] and/or Presence
 as a vampire with a capacity of 5. Any cost in blood is paid with his life. If a card would give him blood, give him life instead. If the Herald has less than 5 life during your untap phase, add 1 life. During your influence phase, burn 1 pool or burn the Herald.
:DAI: As above, and untap this vampire.

I prefer a new card rather than changing the Herald's text, especially when it opens new deck options.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
10 Oct 2011 06:27 #11734 by aahzmandius
Not mentioning, that "improved" version kept irrelevant During your untap phase function :laugh:

Prince of Hradec Králové
:baal::DAI: :DEM: :OBT: :nec: :ani: :cap8:

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds