file Card Idea: New Equipments

20 Dec 2011 10:09 #18912 by aahzmandius

I wonder if you remember vtes (and WoD) is a game of modern horror and not a middle-age fantasy game. Gun's are fine, but magical swords?? come on, how many guys wondering streets with swords these days? And there is a reason for it :) IMO melee weapon combat should be just a small flavor and should not be used to often in modern games. It's just doesn't stick to main theme. So no new cards for it, please

If I may oppose: One year old incident in Prague

Prince of Hradec Králové
:baal::DAI: :DEM: :OBT: :nec: :ani: :cap8:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lech

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Dec 2011 10:09 - 20 Dec 2011 10:11 #18913 by jamesatzephyr

The Sword of Nuln. The Crimson Sentinel. Blade of Enoch. Crusader Sword.

Joumlon's AXE.

Are they a good idea ?

Some of them are a bit weak, for my tastes. Beyond that, I couldn't even slightly care if you get upset that a game involving magical creatures in a magical universe with magical powers with magical allies and magical retainers is irreparably stained by its association with a magic sword.

If you want a game that fits your bizarre "It has to be just like the real world except when I say so" rules, you picked the wrong one. Elephants run round chasing a clone of myself while I'm firing rocket-propelled grenades from my chauffeur-driven sport bike.
Last edit: 20 Dec 2011 10:11 by jamesatzephyr.

More
20 Dec 2011 10:38 #18914 by Ohlmann

If you want a game that fits your bizarre "It has to be just like the real world except when I say so" rules.

I don't want that, and I never, ever talk of a rule of this type. I just want self-consistency for VtES.

Simply put, would you like a Death Star Attack event ? An Equestria Intervention as a master ? A Hida Kisada Ally ? Cylon counter to take control of your vampire ? Maybe, but most people would not want that, because it is a silly match-up of different universes.

Thoses magical artifact are exactly the same problem. They don't belong to Vampire, so adding them is silly and stupid. They may have been written on some sourcebook, but that don'y mean they are coherent in the setting.

More
20 Dec 2011 11:19 #18915 by jAvel
Replied by jAvel on topic Re: Card Idea: New Equipments
Topic-starter proposed equipment and linked those with WoD (rulebooks or CGs where it was mentioned). So all those "magic swords" could exist in old-old WoD. The only question left was "why all these are so common when they are unique and rare?" - I answered: 'cause Methuselahs gathered/tracked them though their entire life, and at last, pushed their minions to get "magic swords" and use in jyhad-war.

More
20 Dec 2011 11:30 #18916 by Ohlmann

So all those "magic swords" could exist in old-old WoD.

But then again, not everything that appear on the sourcebook is really legit, a lot have been either retconned, dutifully ignored afterward, and sometime the authors have said that some parts were not to be really taken seriously.

Excalibur have been mentionned, should it be added ? A giant orbital laser station have been used in a sourcebook, should it be an equipment ? Tzimisce is supposed to destroy New york by eating it, should we add a 11-cap with 200 strength ?

More
20 Dec 2011 11:56 #18917 by jamesatzephyr

If you want a game that fits your bizarre "It has to be just like the real world except when I say so" rules.

I don't want that, and I never, ever talk of a rule of this type. I just want self-consistency for VtES.

Adding a new magical item does not, in any way, break consistency for V:TES. It is already packed with large numbers of magical items.
The following user(s) said Thank You: alasteir

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds