file Card idea: Master of Decay

22 Feb 2012 14:44 - 22 Feb 2012 20:26 #23858 by Ankha
Name: Master of Decay
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Necromancy/Thanatosis
+1 stealth action.
[nec] (D) Take control of a ghoul wraith or zombie ally controlled by another Methuselah.
[thn] Add a pathos counter to each card you control with at least 1 pathos counter on it.
[THN] (D) Put 2 pathos counter and this card on an ally, equipment or retainer. During your untap phase, burn 1 pathos counter on this ally, equipment or retainer. Remove it from the game if it has no pathos counters. (Cards with pathos counters burn 1 counter during their controller's untap phase, and are removed from play when they have no pathos counters.)

This cards enforces the pathos strategy of the Samedi (Reanimated Corpses mainly... ok that's pretty much all) and gives them a polyvalent way to remove annoying threats on the table (though with a little delay).

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 20:26 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2012 14:56 #23859 by Klaital
I think more thematic for the nec outferior would be zombie or wraith, ghouls don't really have anything to do with necromancy.

More
22 Feb 2012 15:06 #23860 by Ankha

I think more thematic for the nec outferior would be zombie or wraith, ghouls don't really have anything to do with necromancy.

Fine.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
22 Feb 2012 15:24 #23862 by Shadowhunter
Yes, yes, a thousand times yes. I love this card idea.
I am just slightly concerned with how :THN: and Imbueds... wait.
Never mind. Kiss of Lachesis already exist and I think that one is fine.
Carry on.

More
22 Feb 2012 15:33 #23863 by Boris The Blade
I am not sure it is worth a blood. You can already spend an extra blood to give the corpse an extra Pathos counter when you recruit it, and playing Master of Decay takes an extra action. If you loosely count 1 blood = 1 action, you are at a net loss if you play the card with only 1 corpse in play, you break even at 2 corpses and you only start to see a net gain at 3 corpses.

More
22 Feb 2012 15:56 #23866 by miketheknife
loved it!!!

useful, combo-able without mayor brokeness, balanced... very good design, totally playable card

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds