file Card idea: Master of Decay

22 Feb 2012 16:03 #23867 by Klaital

I am not sure it is worth a blood. You can already spend an extra blood to give the corpse an extra Pathos counter when you recruit it, and playing Master of Decay takes an extra action. If you loosely count 1 blood = 1 action, you are at a net loss if you play the card with only 1 corpse in play, you break even at 2 corpses and you only start to see a net gain at 3 corpses.

I guess you didn't realize that if you have only one corpse you can play it on superior to give that corpse 2 extra counters.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Feb 2012 20:05 - 22 Feb 2012 20:08 #23882 by Boris The Blade
And burn 2 counters per turn after that: one for the corpse text, one for Master of Decay.
Last edit: 22 Feb 2012 20:08 by Boris The Blade.

More
22 Feb 2012 20:17 #23883 by Ankha

And burn 2 counters per turn after that: one for the corpse text, one for Master of Decay.

Hmpf. Pathos counters behavior were meant to be generic, not to overlap. I'll reword that.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
22 Feb 2012 20:50 - 23 Feb 2012 00:10 #23885 by Juggernaut1981
Edited from the original to allay some of the worries about Pathos Counters.

Name: Master of Decay
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Discipline: Necromancy/Thanatosis
+1 stealth action.
[nec] Take control of a ghoul wraith or zombie ally controlled by another Methuselah.
[thn] Add a pathos counter to each card you control with at least 1 pathos counter on it.
[THN] Put 2 pathos counter and this card on an ally, equipment or retainer. If no pathos counters were burned from the ally, equipment or retainer with this card during the since the beginning of your last turn, burn a pathos counter on this card.

This should mean that if it burned any during your last turn, it protects it from burning twice.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418
Last edit: 23 Feb 2012 00:10 by Juggernaut1981.

More
22 Feb 2012 21:25 #23890 by Surreal
I really like the design. One of best card I have seen in this forum. Especially superior is effect is cool b/c it can help your own corpses and destroy other players cards. I would change nec inferior. THN version already handles allies so would like to see some other useful effect on nec.

Also THN could use location or vampire with capacity 1 in effect. Would like to see this card a bit stronger.

More
23 Feb 2012 02:48 #23900 by Drain
I really like the concept but am more than a little worried about how it interacts with Imbued. Kiss of Lachesis is one thing, but this card comes tacked with one of the best stealth discipline packages in the game. Might be a little too harsh on them.

Drain

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.115 seconds