file Card Idea: Thin-blooded Shocktrooper

23 Mar 2012 17:00 #26509 by Klaital

!Brujah have Dogs of War for the same thing (and generally lot more titles for that matter), nearly all of the !assamites are black hand and can thus use Ebony Fox Hunt for it.

It feels like you're trying to stuff too much onto one card. And if you're happy with Ebony Fox Hunt, why is that apparently good but Gangrel Conspiracy (which is free) isn't?

I didn't say gangrel conspiracy isn't good, I do play those in my !Gangrel combat decks. What I am saying is that !Gangrel generally need help more than !Brujah who at least have presence. And something like this would help them both in ousting their prey (by getting more guys to bleed with) and further support their diablerie theme. Which they could use since they have barely any titles without going to huge vampires, and agg poke isn't terribly useful if you can't finish the job without losing your guy in the process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Mar 2012 18:30 - 23 Mar 2012 18:41 #26513 by Surreal
I like the card (just bit boring name). Shocktroops should be about easily destroyed cannon fodder. So this part "If the shocktrooper would go to torpor, he is burned instead." fits perfectly. I like bloodhunt protection also.

This part I don't like "If the acting vampire is titled, you may move one blood from any ready unique Gangrel antitribu you control to the shocktrooper." I see many times this card used only as get out of bloodunt card because of that. Titled vampire makes shocktroops, other untapped vampire moves one blood to it and then diableries vampire (and gets maybe blood back). That kind of use is too similar as Gangrel Conspiracy. Also Gangrel antribu is not about titles and moving blood to shocktroop doesn't fit in shoctroops style. I would remove that whole part from card to makes it simpler also.

Then I would add "this vampire must hunt this turn". That also makes card much weaker so 1 blood cost might be better. Also I would change "During your untap phase, if the number of shocktroopers you control is greater than the number of unique Gangrel antitribu you control, tap all shocktroopers." same wording as in Brother in Arms. You could still use tapped shocktroopers as bloodhunt cannon fodder (and in some situations you almost must) even when they all tap which is bit lame.

Other option is think to make this kind of card require just sabbat vampire and not clan but still keep bloodhunt protection gangrel antribu thing in card and change some other parts of the card. Anyways I would like to see some kind of version of that proposed card.
Last edit: 23 Mar 2012 18:41 by Surreal.

More
24 Mar 2012 09:21 #26525 by Wookie813
Really like the idea. Variant offering:

Card Name: Shocktrooper
Cardtype: Action
Clan: Gangrel antitribu
Cost: 1 blood

+1 Stealth action, requires a non-sterile Gangrel antitribu.
Put this card into play, it becomes a 1 capacity sterile, non-unique Gangrel antitribu with basic protean . If the acting vampire is titled, you may move one blood from that vampire to this Shocktrooper. If the shocktrooper would go to torpor, he is burned instead. If Shocktrooper is untapped during your influence phase, burn Shocktrooper. Shocktrooper gets +1 stealth when attempting to commit diablerie.

I suggest a new strategy...let the Wookie win.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds