file advance the Blounts (card ideas)

17 Apr 2012 16:20 - 17 Apr 2012 16:21 #28090 by Izaak

That's very workable, since they share two discipline, who is conveniently shared also by an entire clan. You can then use the other one to rush someone (with a card), maybe bleed for one, keep her untapped to block, etc...

You can also use Edith unadvanced and Enid advanced. Edith will still have its cool combat-related bonus, while Enid while steamroll your opponent to oblivion.

I don't see this as much of a cost for something as strong as +2 bleed on a 5 cap.

You think sinking 11 pool and 14 transfers into two 5-caps with zero superior disciplines between them in exchange for a +2 bleed is too strong? Not to mention it's also 3 crypt cards. Really? For the same price and less transfers I get an Inner Circle that has +2 bleed as well as 4 votes, a bazillion superior disciplines and probably a juicy special on top of it.

I can also just bring out Andre LeRoux and Beatrice and get an effective +2 bleed at the cost of 6 pool and 6 transfers.
Last edit: 17 Apr 2012 16:21 by Izaak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Apr 2012 18:06 #28092 by Ohlmann

You think sinking 11 pool and 14 transfers into two 5-caps with zero superior disciplines between them in exchange for a +2 bleed is too strong?

10 pool, 10 transfert, 2 crypt card. I am not talking about the merged bonus, simply because I don't know how to use anarch card. Especially baron card without built-in vote.

If it was the comment about base edith and advanced Enith that was unclear, I was trying to say that you can use one of the sister in advanced version (so you have the nice action), and the other in base version (so you have a press and a maneuver, which is pretty useable even with only inferior discipline)

And you still got two vampires, that are perfectly able to do useful action and play quite a bit of useful card. Vampires like Nicomedes proved me that 4 inf' discipline for 5 can still be very potent. (and blood brother too, but it's mainly because of sanguinis)

Also, I don't say it is too strong. I say it's an extremely powerful special, and saying it's not a big deal is ignoring the powerful advantage of never needing to actually draw a specific card to make her bleed.

The comparison with LeRoux is off for me, because Leroux is much too powerful for its size. Having one oddball vampire may not cause trouble, but adding another by using it as reference may spell trouble. There is a couple of linked vampires like that, no one of them give themselves abilities as powerful as that.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.062 seconds