file Sabbat upgrade G 5/6 [!Tremere]

15 May 2012 17:28 #30498 by Ohlmann

Oh man, I'd pay those Helgas in pure gold if they were real cards...also, Hecate is truly an interesting vampire, the one you'd make a deck around.

Well, she would sure need quite a bit of playtest, because if she get fortitude it can be extremely nasty. "You block ? All my attack are aggravated and I am immune to yours !". And Force of Will can also not be pretty.

The non-fortitude use seem good but with a bit of thought maybe not too useful : burst of sunlight is not all that nice when you can use Conflagration or Flame of the netherworld anyway, and -3 blood on Rutor Hand is more cool than game changing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 May 2012 17:46 #30503 by Kiddo
To each its own, I guess...when I look at vamps, and especially those make-belive vamp cards like these ones, I don't focus only on their pure power, but rather my main interest is on how interesting is a vampire and how well would he/she mix with other, existing vampires in order to make some new, zany concepts, or even just to make a deck with new vamps that offer more than 'I bleed for lots on stealth'. That's why I'd like to have an option of vamps like Hecate or Guus (THN and THA on the same vamp!)...

I guess lots of existing vamps can become truly horrifying if you add them some more disciplines they don't already posses. But you know, those are !Tremere, they already have access to literary every discipline at superior there is and it's not like there are many decks in twda which concentrate on much other than Nephandi or Tupdogs or just good ol' bleeding for a lot...

Just my opinion of course...

More
15 May 2012 17:56 #30506 by Ohlmann

I guess lots of existing vamps can become truly horrifying if you add them some more disciplines they don't already posses.

Not that much, since if it were the case, people would actually give them the discipline. The prime example being non-True Brujah temporis deck who actually exist :p.

With Hecate, the trouble is that a lot of card in fortitude use aggravated damage as a steep price. Daring the dawn or Force of will are a lot scarier when they are more or less free and not simply cheaper. And Dawn Operation mean literally 'you are immune to damage for free', which most people will agree being a bit stronger than usual combat card.

Still, I believe it's the natural path when doing a deck with her. After all, why having a vampire immune to aggravated damage if it's not to make her soak a lot of it ?

(and I am not above doing thing that should not work, since I have played a bit a jar of skineater deck)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds