file Nagaraja, nonscarce full set.

16 May 2012 11:43 - 16 May 2012 11:44 #30571 by lovre
While thinking what to do during a break from work i got some ideas about nagarajas as a nonscarce clan. i really cant say if this makes any sense but would like to play it someday.

Attachment nagaraja_4nicolo.jpg not found

Attachment nagaraja_4talia.jpg not found

Attachment nagaraja_5anton.jpg not found

Attachment nagaraja_5helga.jpg not found

Attachment nagaraja_6nilli.jpg not found

Attachment nagaraja_7fionna.jpg not found

Attachment nagaraja_7stanislav.jpg not found

Attachment nagaraja_8jiaying.jpg not found

Attachments:
Last edit: 16 May 2012 11:44 by lovre.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 May 2012 11:45 #30572 by lovre

Attachment nagaraja_8lucius.jpg not found

Attachment nagaraja_9alexander.jpg not found

Attachment nagaraja_9konstantina.jpg not found

Attachment nagaraja_10meixang.jpg not found

Attachments:

More
16 May 2012 11:50 - 16 May 2012 11:52 #30576 by Ohlmann
Why non scarce ? It's one of the only thing that set them apart from other clan.

If you want to play a full Nagaraja crypt, go check how it's done in True Brujah, and don't remove their particularity. Especially since they are extremely scarce in the source.

Edit : in addition, their special are not nagaraja like. Nagaraja are defined by two thing : scarce and with very strange special power. Remove both, and you have orange malkavien.
Last edit: 16 May 2012 11:52 by Ohlmann.

More
16 May 2012 12:31 #30590 by Ohlmann
If you want to create full nagaraja deck without losing the nagaraja flavor, you'd better see at what set them apart :

* scarce and smallish (well, mid-cap would I say since the four that I have seen played were Le Din Tho, Asguresh, Sennadurek and Anu, which average at 6 cap)

* with strange abilities, most often never seen in other clan.

Even if I have seen Asguresh superstar deck, they use non-nagaraj support for 2/3 of the crypt, because you won't use only one vampire in your crypt :) but playing multiple scarce midcap mean they better work very well together.

So, two options :

* the true brujah way : making them a bit fatter, so you can do your deck with only one real vampire. The lack of clan-specific discipline mean they will have to be real powerful and possibly with built-in multiact or something like that.

Example of such a cap 10 :
:DOM: :AUS: :NEC: + random other discipline (:CEL: ?)
Scarce
Can play reaction and block if and only if he is tapped. Untap him after a successful block.
When [this vampire] is acting, reaction card have the additional cost of tapping a ready minion.

* making some support nagaraja that only help nagaraja, but well enough so that paying 3+ additional pool for them can work

Example of such a mid cap :
5 cap
:DOM: :AUS: :nec:
Scarce
When a minion successfully bleed a methuselah for two or more, put a blood from the blood bank on every ready nagaraja you control

This way, playing Anu + him is costly, but his special is awesome (maybe too awesome, it's napkin idea at this level) to help Anu refill.

More
16 May 2012 12:32 #30591 by ReverendRevolver
their only real qualities are that they used to be mages, they have to eat flesh, they have power over the stuff of oblivion, and there are hardly any of them in existence. their disciplines and interactions with allies and retainers on these cards are the only nagaraja like things i see. and the disciplines aren't that important, really.
the art fits well, though.

More
16 May 2012 14:34 - 16 May 2012 14:36 #30599 by Surreal
Why Nagaraja needs to be full a clan? I hope card designers would answer why they design a specific card and what they are trying change/affect with that card. Without these points it is very hard to answer for any card ideas.

EDIT I am very interested of design ideas/reasons of Nilli.
Last edit: 16 May 2012 14:36 by Surreal.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds