exclamation-circle Guardians of the Faith, a PDF VTES Set by PCK

13 Sep 2012 11:03 #36677 by Ashur

If the discussion is absurd, feel free to abstain.

OK, I will. You don´t seem to know much about anything and I cannot comment on this subject any further.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2012 11:49 - 13 Sep 2012 12:23 #36679 by blackday
Your right AaronC, in that VEKN itself is not the official source of cards but given its the governing body just as DCI was/is for Magic in terms of rules and tournaments. They are certainly the next best thing, i don't refute anyone from making their own cards and posting it as fan based. Hell, i support that.
But when you start slapping copyrights on card ideas which btw are not their own as it is V:TM canon then its wrong.
VEKN has been here for more than 10 years guiding a more balanced gameplay in the cards especially its most current versions. If everybody gets the right to print and say these are official cards without being tested thoroughly then we are going to run into problems. That's why i prefer one governing body and for better or for worse its VEKN.
Not the most perfect system definitely, and there will be topics where we will disagree on (like this one). But when we all decided to be Princes, or play in tournamnets we all agreed to follow VEKN rules and so that's why its the most official you can at the moment.
Last edit: 13 Sep 2012 12:23 by blackday.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lönkka, Ashur, Tomas

More
20 Sep 2012 03:25 #37337 by echiang

You are giving an incorrect interpretation of what I wrote. I assured everyone that we will not use any of your original ideas. You were asking us not to use any card at all from what had been achieved so far, back in April. But a lot of it is based on original ideas from White Wolf or other people involved in the early process of the design (PCK were by far not the only contributors, and I can back it up with data if needed).

I am sorry for misinterpreting you Johannes. Instead of accepting your previous post at face value, maybe I should not have been surprised by the carefully hidden loopholes in your response. That was my mistake. Thank you for clarifying your intent and the VEKN’s intent.

I would like to point out that now you are the one giving an incorrect interpretation of what we said in April. We asked that you not use our cards without our explicit permission. We, however, did freely give our explicit permission for the six storyline cards. So it is inaccurate for you to claim that we were asking you “not to use any card at all from what had been achieved so far, back in April” (emphasis yours).

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
20 Sep 2012 03:42 #37338 by Daidalos
Is this a deliberately delayed response, to shift the attention back to the Guardians of the Faith again? I really hoped we were through this.

"I like to think there always are ...possibilities." Spock
:trem: :aus: :dom: :tha:

More
20 Sep 2012 04:12 #37339 by echiang

Is this a deliberately delayed response, to shift the attention back to the Guardians of the Faith again? I really hoped we were through this.

Delayed response? Yes, unfortunately.

Deliberately delayed? No. I was originally planning to post this several days ago but I was out of town for a few days and my life outside of VTES has been keeping me busy. I hope you can understand.

I don't check the VEKN forums every day so most of the time I won't be able to provide immediate responses.

Thank you for your concern.

pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
20 Sep 2012 06:40 #37357 by johannes

I am sorry for misinterpreting you Johannes. Instead of accepting your previous post at face value, maybe I should not have been surprised by the carefully hidden loopholes in your response. That was my mistake. Thank you for clarifying your intent and the VEKN’s intent.

How was ist a "hidden loophole". It is written right there in plain sight. The fact that you didn´t read it properly doesn´t make it a hidden loophole. What is your point here? Are you trying to say we should never do a !Ventrue with 3-cap dom/for because you thought of it first?

I would like to point out that now you are the one giving an incorrect interpretation of what we said in April. We asked that you not use our cards without our explicit permission. We, however, did freely give our explicit permission for the six storyline cards. So it is inaccurate for you to claim that we were asking you “not to use any card at all from what had been achieved so far, back in April” (emphasis yours).

Storyline cards were always completely out of scope of this discussion for me. But OK, I correct myself "you asked us not to use any card without your explicit permission, except storyline cards". I think this is circumstancial anyway, as opposed to the other point which is quite relevant.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.113 seconds