file New cards revealed at the EC

05 Nov 2012 13:53 - 05 Nov 2012 13:58 #40423 by Izaak

`Volunteer´ doesn't mean "I can do whatever the fuck I want and when I forget/neglect something I'll just play the real-life card". If a volunteer can't keep up with the work, maybe he should consider stopping to be a volunteer.

Yeah, but being an ass about people having other priorities in life at given times is more jerky than playing the "I have other stuff in my life" card. So ease up on the "being a prick" card and just have a little patience.

Whatever. Looks like none of you actually did actual volunteer work. It being unpaid doesn't mean there is no responsibility and/or oligation.

If pointing out neglicence to the VEKN makes me an ass in your (rather limited) view, then so be it.

They will release the cards, probably preview/spoiler quite a number of them. So just enjoy them when they come.

Oh, sure they will. I'm not even particularly excited to see them. I'm just pointing out there are more people playing the game than the 170 or so players that were at the EC. It seems reasonably to assume most of them are excited to see the new cards and (allowing) talking about spoiled new cards on the forums of this very website without posting them up isn't really nice, now is it?
Last edit: 05 Nov 2012 13:58 by Izaak.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
05 Nov 2012 14:23 #40426 by extrala

If pointing out neglicence to the VEKN makes me an ass in your (rather limited) view, then so be it.

I think it's more to do with the part where you post like an entitled asshole.

Please keep calm and refrain from using personal insults!

P.S.: I do not care who started it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis, TorranceCircle, Lech, porphyrion, wesile

More
05 Nov 2012 14:26 #40427 by Suoli

I think it's more to do with the part where you post like an entitled asshole.

For this precise point, I think Izaak should simply be ignored forum-wise. (well, people can thank his post if they want)

He have a displeasant and for me excessive but not insulting opinion, and since it is not insulting, he can express it. But there is no sense into flinging insult to him simply because he disagree.

It's not the opinion, it's the way it's expressed.

But you're absolutely right, I owe Izaak an apology.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
05 Nov 2012 15:29 #40431 by brandonsantacruz
Drama.... :sick:

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/
The following user(s) said Thank You: TorranceCircle

More
05 Nov 2012 17:29 #40436 by Ashur
I really don´t think it was 10 cards (topic name changed).

The 6th card I remember was Synner-G, a 6-cap !Gangrel with two superior who untaps when he equips with an electric equipment. A bit too narrow special in my taste, but ok.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
07 Nov 2012 21:19 - 07 Nov 2012 21:26 #40554 by Drain

Some cards from the upcoming "Danse Macabre" set was revealed at EC 2012.
What are your thoughts on these? And can anyone remember the rest?

Crypt Cards:
A Tzimisce (capacity 9). Archbishop of Guatemala with all superior in-clan disciplines plus superior Protean additional inf. inferior. An ability to steal retainers/allies as +1 stealth.

The fact that his ability is at +1 stealth makes this guy fairly monstrous. I don’t really rate his superior protean since it gets only limited and non-synergistic crypt support.

Tzimisce are however in dire need of a good voting crypt for 4/5, this guy is a good stepping-stone for that.

A Brujah antitribu (capacity 9) Cardinal with all in-clan superior plus dom and for, and she has +1 stealth on political actions.

Though a solid Cardinal for !Brujah is a good thing, I don’t like how Dmitra got a new partner for politics;

(:Edit: Then again, Armin Brenner already exists and it doesn't get much better than him as !Bru support for Dmitra)

A independent Lasombra (capacity 8) with in-clan superior (plus one or two inferior disciplines?). And the ability that she pays 1 less blood for Obtenebration cards.

8 cap Lasombra with no votes/title or multiact = good stealth bleeder but not very exciting otherwise. Only inferior [For] can salvage this into an interesting play.

A Gangrel antitribu (“Synner-G“) (capacity 5-6) with two disciplines on superior and one inferior(?). An ability to untap after equipping with electronic equipment.

Not enough information to appraise.

Library Cards:
An Obtenebration combat cards, that is similar to Carrion Crows/Groaning Corpse, dealing “environmental” damage at short range. The card also provides a maneuver (only usable to maneuver to short).

Carrion Crows is hot because it’s a) free, b) ranged c) 2 damage at superior.
It’s not implied if this card deals 1 or 2 damage or at which levels does the maneuver come into play. Any given way, if this card is to cost blood then it’s not much good, if free, it will depend on the structure of the card (at which discipline level does it become efficient for a vampire to play it).

A Black Hand action card that fetches vampires from the crypt and (if the vampire is another Black Hand) also moves a blood from the blood bank to it.

Coolness. A way to try and avoid those Seraph-heavy crypts, I guess.

A Celerity/Protean action modifier. At inferior it provides +1 stealth. At superior it untaps the acting vampire after a successful action. No cost!

A card like this was, of course, needed but I don’t like this card’s design. “Untap”, while being a super strong effect, feels way too generic. They deserved something more creative.

Besides, other than maybe vote, I cannot recall much in the way of second actions of particular interest for a !Gangrel to take.

A political action requiring a titled Sabbat that steals 3 blood from a younger vampire to the vampire who called the vote.

At first glance, seems weak.

Still, what’s most telling is that this is still way stronger than Tribunal Judgment or Auto-da-Fé.

Drain
Last edit: 07 Nov 2012 21:26 by Drain.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds