file New cards revealed at the EC

08 Nov 2012 09:12 - 08 Nov 2012 09:20 #40604 by alek

Library Cards:
An Obtenebration combat cards, that is similar to Carrion Crows/Groaning Corpse, dealing “environmental” damage at short range. The card also provides a maneuver (only usable to maneuver to short).

Carrion Crows is hot because it’s a) free, b) ranged c) 2 damage at superior.
It’s not implied if this card deals 1 or 2 damage or at which levels does the maneuver come into play. Any given way, if this card is to cost blood then it’s not much good, if free, it will depend on the structure of the card (at which discipline level does it become efficient for a vampire to play it).

If I remember well it's free, built in maneuver is both for inferior and superior disciplines and it deals 1 damage at pot obt and 2 damage at POT OBT. For me, a very interesting and strong card.

Comparing to Banishment, another vote that requires a younger target, one can quickly get a feel as to how weak this is. Banisment is easily the superior card for all of the rather valid applications you indicated.

I'm not convinced by the superiority of banishment. It's different card and serves different purposes. Also, you can play both, and drain 3 blood and then banishment could be very good option. I'm not sure if it's good enough to become base for tournament winning deck but for sure it's unique in a way it works and fits very well with sabbat theme. I like it very much.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2012 09:20 by alek.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2012 11:53 - 08 Nov 2012 11:53 #40628 by Drain

If I remember well it's free, built in maneuver is both for inferior and superior disciplines and it deals 1 damage at pot obt and 2 damage at POT OBT. For me, a very interesting and strong card.

Alright, then. It's about as good as it could be. Interesting card for close-range combat, I'm now left to wonder if it's stackable.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2012 11:53 by Drain.

More
08 Nov 2012 12:06 #40629 by Ohlmann

Alright, then. It's about as good as it could be. Interesting card for close-range combat, I'm now left to wonder if it's stackable.

Well, if the damage is stackable, it's just the strongest combat card I can think of.

The likeliest thing is that it cannot stack, but you can play a mix of that and the overall inferior Slam. You get up to two maneuver per combat, you can still IG, and you can do 5 damage total. It seem a fine and dandy plan, even if you can still have nasty surprise with guns.

More
08 Nov 2012 12:40 #40636 by Klaital
Well at least it should make Darkness Within more useful as you can stack them both and get two manuevers.

More
08 Nov 2012 13:06 #40641 by Drain
Well, I didn't mean stackable as in "stacking damage", that would be too much, agreed, I was thinking about just the maneuver.

Though Klaital's point is valid, mix of Darkness Within and this card is rather viable.

More
08 Nov 2012 14:02 #40644 by Lech

And now check the crypt that can, and want to, play the card.
Yes, it's both interesting and strong, but strong card does not make strong deck.

It's not on Carrion Crows level, but will see some play in T2 archetypes. Which is fair.

:laso: :CEL: :DOM: :OBT: :POT: :cap8:
Sabbat.Black Hand Shakar: Lech loathe ranged weapons. Once each action, he may burn 1 blood to become Camarilla Prince of Krakow until the end of the action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds