file Submission - Pentex Intrusion (Villein-hoser master)

07 Nov 2012 22:58 #40558 by Reyda

The ship may have set sail long ago, but it could return to port.

Love those gentlemen discussion :)

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Nov 2012 01:15 #40560 by Juggernaut1981
@AaronC:
Because I really object to the ruling on "move" made by LSJ regarding Villein. The words "Move", "Steal" and "Transfer" are not used consistently on minion cards.

The idea behind Villein seems to be to have the Methuselah remove 2+ blood. So why should the minion be allowed to have less than 2 blood?

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
08 Nov 2012 04:49 - 08 Nov 2012 04:54 #40570 by AaronC

@AaronC:
Because I really object to the ruling on "move" made by LSJ regarding Villein. The words "Move", "Steal" and "Transfer" are not used consistently on minion cards.

The idea behind Villein seems to be to have the Methuselah remove 2+ blood. So why should the minion be allowed to have less than 2 blood?

I would change it to "Move 4 (or 5, whatever) blood from this vampire to your pool", not "up to 4 blood". This is a trifle representing an elder vampire sucking down some younger blood quickly - you shouldn't get to choose how much you take.

If you must move 4 (or whatever), then there's no reason to stick with an "at least 2" concept. Obviously if you try to move 4 and the vampire has less than 4, you can only move as many counters as the vampire has. I think it's okay to suck the vampire dry or even fail to get any off the vampire at all. The modified effect isn't as good as normal Villein, so it shouldn't be hard to cycle.
Last edit: 08 Nov 2012 04:54 by AaronC.

More
08 Nov 2012 14:19 #40645 by Ankha

Give me an example of a vampire that wouldn't be played if Villein was banned.

My guess would be Rafael de Corazon. He's not good enough for a star 11-cap, and is playable because he really cost more along the line of 3-5 pool.

If you play a gr4-5 toreador deck and you need an ic, he's ok. Alexandra is better but they're not the same group.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
08 Nov 2012 14:25 #40647 by Ankha

The reality is, if you play anything bigger than, say, 6 caps, you NEED some way to get the pool back off of your vampires because otherwise you are just going to get ousted by dementation or Vignes. It's simply not optional and will never be as long as 2-caps can bleed for 5. .

Sure, but there are other options:
- Govern down (like in my Stanislava deck) /EK/ Founders
- blood doll/vessel
- grooming the protege

Minion Tap and Villein are not required, except if you plan to play a crypt full of 10+ cap which is what I want to avoid

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds