file Confiscation - Sabbat Parity Shift

16 Jan 2013 15:05 #44125 by Dr.Mafrune

Why not stick to the parity shift text and make only minor changes?

Confiscation

Political Card - Worth 1 Vote.

Called by any Archbishop, Cardinal or Priscus at +1 stealth.

Choose a Methuselah who has more pool than you do. Allocate 2 of his or her pool between 1 or more of the other Methuselahs (including you), where X is the number of Methuselahs in the game. Successful referendum means the chosen Methuselah loses that pool, and it is allocated as you announced.

In this way the card is still playable (2 pool is not 5 pool, but still acceptable), you can sell the pool for voting power. And a action that makes your prey loose 2 pool while you get 2 its always a good option.

Sounds great to me. I would also add special text for Cardinal and Regent in form of an additional pool lost by the target (but not won by the acting metuselah).

:TEM::AUS::DEM:
The following user(s) said Thank You: wesile

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Jan 2013 17:12 #44134 by Reyda

Creating cards is cool, but playing what is already available is a good idea.

Transfert of power may be underplayed (its scarcity may play a role in that), but it replace more Consanguineous Boon than KRC or Parity shift : it's unreliable and slow as far as pool damage is concerned, even if it can do ok as gain pool.

For really damaging votes, you can still bet on KRC or Reckless agitation.
Why do people so much want cards that do damage AND pool gain at the same time ? Call me stupid but i hate those "my card has to do everything" petitions :silly:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
16 Jan 2013 17:41 #44135 by Ohlmann

Why do people so much want cards that do damage AND pool gain at the same time ?

I don't think people are all that hell bent on doing both at the same time. It's more that since Parity Shift is one of the most powerful vote of the game (and is a strong contender for the strongest, don't get me wrong), they copy it.

Also, doing "only" damage tend to feel lame, and finding versatile, powerful, and not broken effect for a powerful vote is not all that easy.

More
17 Jan 2013 08:05 #44145 by wesile

Why do people so much want cards that do damage AND pool gain at the same time ?

Hum... maybe because its good...

Whats the point of playing something that does not put you near your VP?

You already have playable cards that are able to give a decent amount of damage to other players, like Recless agitation, KRC, conservative agitation, etc.

Parity shift is a very powerful card. You can move up to 5 pool around. You can shift the power of the table. You can gain 5 pool with only one card. Yes you can gain pool with voter cap, bribes, etc. But you are putting more cards on your deck. More used slots, and you need to have the card at the right time.

Yes you also have cards that give you pool, but alas... more slots, more actions for the same thing.

So, having a "parity shift" for the sabbat, tweaked down a bit its not a bad idea. IMO at least.

More
17 Jan 2013 14:25 #44158 by Franz

Why do people so much want cards that do damage AND pool gain at the same time ? Call me stupid but i hate those "my card has to do everything" petitions :silly:

Thing is, when you manage to put together a good Sabbat voting crypt, you end up asking yourself "why I'm building this deck when I could be playing justicar and princes and having acess to Parity Shift?"

One solution to this problem would be to simply ban Parity Shift, but I think that it's better if each Sect get a couple of unique good Political Actions, as they have now. Camarilla got Parity as a their big card, backed by situationally good ones, like anathema, alastor, first tradition. Independent have Reckless Agitation and Free States Rant. Laibon got Eldest Command Undeath and some minor other like Kuta and Hiding in the Open. What Sabbat got? Auto-da-Fe wich is ok at best and what's the next good sabbat political action? Inquistor? Templar? All bad IMHO

Wich doesn't mean that Sabbat need a Parity Shift with a minor twist card, but does mean that it needs something to make it worthwhile to put together a Sabbat political deck.

More
17 Jan 2013 14:27 #44159 by Ohlmann
An idea for a powerful sabbat vote were a vote that allowed you to put into play 2-3 vampires from your crypt, and remove them from play at the end of the turn.

This way, you get additional action instead of getting very good damage and pool gain when you go sabbat for the votes. Both seem pretty valuables, and yet pretty different.

(I have not posted it mainly because the text is quickly either too long or too exploitable, but the idea is being itered upon)

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds