file Confiscation - Sabbat Parity Shift

17 Jan 2013 15:22 #44161 by Franz

An idea for a powerful sabbat vote were a vote that allowed you to put into play 2-3 vampires from your crypt, and remove them from play at the end of the turn.

This way, you get additional action instead of getting very good damage and pool gain when you go sabbat for the votes. Both seem pretty valuables, and yet pretty different.

(I have not posted it mainly because the text is quickly either too long or too exploitable, but the idea is being itered upon)

Yeah, I could dig something along this lines, like a Shock Troops that doesn't suck balls. You know what, this has potential, I'll start another thread so we can throw ideas around making a new powerfull Sabbat Vote.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2013 15:32 #44162 by Reyda

Why do people so much want cards that do damage AND pool gain at the same time ? Call me stupid but i hate those "my card has to do everything" petitions :silly:

Thing is, when you manage to put together a good Sabbat voting crypt, you end up asking yourself "why I'm building this deck when I could be playing justicar and princes and having acess to Parity Shift?"

Oh, I understand : in the goold ol'sabbat days, the Sabbat vamps were quite powerful disciplinewise & had nice specials for their cost. Therefore they did not have access to the camarilla political arsenal.
Now the situation is different, every gr4 cam vamp is better than (or at least on par) with sabbat conterparts, but there is still the choice : will I play camarilla and have parity shift & 2nd trad, or will I play sabbat and have access to eternal vigilance, demonstration, PB Madrid and so on... It depends on what you want to do with your deck, really.
It's sad that you would define the efficiency of a political deck on whether he plays Parity Shift or not. It would be the same thing as saying "oh, your combat decks has no decapitate ? then it is not worth playing" :/

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
17 Jan 2013 15:42 #44164 by Ohlmann

It's sad that you would define the efficiency of a political deck on whether he plays Parity Shift or not. It would be the same thing as saying "oh, your combat decks has no decapitate ? then it is not worth playing" :/

It's sad but it have element of truth to it. It's not only that Parity do pool damage and pool gain at the same time : it's that Parity is better at pool damage than any other vote, and is pretty likely to be better at poolgain than any other vote.

(and if you need pool but need to bribe another methuselah into voting for it, you an perfectly target his prey and take the pool)

More
17 Jan 2013 16:03 #44166 by ReverendRevolver

It's sad but it have element of truth to it. It's not only that Parity do pool damage and pool gain at the same time : it's that Parity is better at pool damage than any other vote, and is pretty likely to be better at poolgain than any other vote.

(and if you need pool but need to bribe another methuselah into voting for it, you an perfectly target his prey and take the pool)

Ive seen decks run perfect without parity shifts, but there is always a reason for forgoing pshift. Lily prelude can be one par with pshift in some decks, and anarch decks, notably Loughmans chameleon deck that took the last chance qualifier in new orleans a few years backand a barons !gangrel deck woth recolutionary council i saw at the NAC last year. But pshift is is stupid good, and sabbat are at a disadvantage withoit it.

But its thematically appropriate. In the cam, princes and primogen, and especially justicars, ic, and archons(including alastors) all have more priveledge and resource than the everyday street vamp. The sabbat pack structure gives more power to the individual, and has since its founding. While sabbat elders benefit from eternal vigilence and pbase barrabquilla, your cam vs sabbat comparison is really princes with 2nd trad and pshift abd judgement cam seg vs sabbat weenies and midcaps with abbot, hungry coyote, and eternal vigilence.

I think sabbat need a hair more oomph in the vote department, but i think better vamps in g5-6 would be higher on my list of stuff they need.

And comparing pshift to decapitate is a phalicy, since its more useful than decapitate, much like disarm, and steals stuff, much like theft. Perhaps its most like horrid form or typhonic beast with a path out since it os free and deprives another of a resource while defending yours.

More
17 Jan 2013 16:25 #44169 by Reyda

And comparing pshift to decapitate is a phalicy, since its more useful than decapitate (...)

Dude : I took a random combat card that is not played by every combat deck. That's all :silly:

Imagination is our only weapon in the war against reality -Jules de Gaultier

More
17 Jan 2013 18:03 - 17 Jan 2013 18:07 #44174 by Franz

Why do people so much want cards that do damage AND pool gain at the same time ? Call me stupid but i hate those "my card has to do everything" petitions :silly:

Thing is, when you manage to put together a good Sabbat voting crypt, you end up asking yourself "why I'm building this deck when I could be playing justicar and princes and having acess to Parity Shift?"

Oh, I understand : in the goold ol'sabbat days, the Sabbat vamps were quite powerful disciplinewise & had nice specials for their cost. Therefore they did not have access to the camarilla political arsenal.
Now the situation is different, every gr4 cam vamp is better than (or at least on par) with sabbat conterparts, but there is still the choice : will I play camarilla and have parity shift & 2nd trad, or will I play sabbat and have access to eternal vigilance, demonstration, PB Madrid and so on... It depends on what you want to do with your deck, really.

yeah, except decapitate is not objectively better than each and every other combat card, as parity shift is when pool damage/gain is concerned (same way PTO was the best burn a vampire vote, before being banned).

It's like when people say that target vitals is the best combat card ever printed. But you know why it differs from Parity? Because each and every combat deck can use it to full effect, as opposed to parity shift who needs a crypt geared towards it.

You just said it yourself:

Dude : I took a random combat card that is not played by every combat deck.

Not every combat deck wants to burn people in combat, some want then to stay in torpor, some don't care either way. I'd like you to point me one sabbat vote deck that wouldn't use a "your prey looses 5 you gain 5" political action because they have a strategy that is unique to it and is as good as parity shift.
Last edit: 17 Jan 2013 18:07 by Franz.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds