check PCK Laibon Set Round 3 of Playtesting has Concluded

17 Jul 2013 09:40 #51730 by Ohlmann

PCK tried to make prisci-based crypt possible, which is commendable and I lack the understanding, why expanding the options of the games is bad.

Yes, I suppose they have run out of underdevelopped mechanisms and clan in VtES. And the fact that you cannot do a priscus crypt the same way you can make a prince crypt was not supposed to be a factor to take into account.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2013 09:05 #51836 by Amenophobis

Some people seem to like them. We had another record-setting day for page views today---two days in a row. Thanks Italy and Hungary!

But getting hits isn't the same as actually liking the stuff.

So I have to refrain from going to the site to just check the stuff since I'd be automatically counted towards "liking" the expansion ;)

I'm pretty sure Jeff is aware that lots of traffic does not mean that all of those people like the stuff.
But it sure is nice to see that people are looking. B-)

It's interesting, that we are talking more about the first set (Guardians of the Faith), which was finished almost a year ago, than we do talk about the current previews for the Laibon set. :huh: But ok. ;)

I encourage all players to take a look at the previewed Laibon cards and tell us if you like them or not, or if you think they are too strong or too weak. Since all of those cards are PDF-based, it would be easy for us to change things if things would turn out to be in need of a change. That is the beauty of PDFs. :laugh:

I'm all for in-depth discussion about our cards (it would be best to start new threads for them, though). After all, they are aimed to provide fun for people who would otherwise start to drift away from VTES.

Thank you all for the good discussions so far! I really enjoy that. :)

More
18 Jul 2013 13:28 #51840 by Jeff Kuta

Ohlmann - Got to say, pretty shocked at how much you hate these cards. You must either be very passionate about this game, or a very... aggressive person in general.

Well, he's a passionate guy, especially when it comes to me. I don't really know why...

Have I said something about the cards ? No. I just chimed in because Jeff Kuta was using comically bad arguments including using Cardinal benediction on freakin' priscus because priscus are somehow worst than archbishop. I singled out the most absurd one for me, and as I supposed, he prefer trying to defend it than admit that he could be wrong. The rest of his argument tend to be pretty absurd at time too when you think about a bit.

Of course I'm going to defend my point. Especially against your rhetoric which is not really even arguing at all.

Since you like hypothetical situations, suppose you had more than one Priscus in play. It's not unrealistic to assume this, and some people actually like to try this out. In fact, because a single Priscus is very powerful by itself, it can be worth using more than one in your crypt to optimize your probability.

If you want to get more vote power out of your Priscus-heavy crypt, it might just be worth putting in a couple Cardinal Benediction. If you turn one of your two Prisci into a Cardinal, you've got 6 votes instead of 3.

So...WHY NOT make a card that enables the Priscus block? Empowering the Curia actually provides an incentive to use more than one Priscus. If you don't want to use it, don't. But it does provide an option to make the Priscus title better, and that's really the point.

I didn't look at the current batch of card at all. The first one were pretty bad on average with some good idea, and Jeff and co did everything they could to prove the VEKN was right to throw them out of the planned expansion.

You have no idea. Ask the VEKN Design Team about their set if you want more details about their set.

The current level of "argumentation" he use when people point out drawback, and the fact he never said "that's a good point" or anything lead me to think that the set will be a disaster. But that's my opinion...

When your argument includes inflammatory words like "stupid" and "retarded" and "idiotic", do you seriously expect anyone to want to engage you in a debate, let alone actually have that conversation?

...and I don't really believe I would look at thoses card objectively, so I don't look at them at all.

That's a good point.

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
23 Jul 2013 21:49 #52109 by Jeff Kuta
We are now in our 5th week of previews for the PCK Laibon set.

Check them out here:

pckvtes.wordpress.com/

When you are anvil, be patient; when a hammer, strike.
:CEL::DOM::OBF::POT::QUI:
pckvtes.wordpress.com
@pckvtes

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds