file Something new for Dementation

12 Jul 2013 14:34 #51399 by jamesatzephyr

I believe the cost is too high. You'd have to compare sup with Coma, which does so much more for that 1 extra blood, yet suffers same drawbacks

Superior Coma doesn't stop you being hit in the face by your opponent's strike the way a Combat Ends does.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 Jul 2013 16:10 #51401 by kombainas
Majesty gives untap (quite important effect, no?), so it is still better at 1 blood cost.

Yes, Coma does not allow to dodge, but Malks/!Malks still have No Trace. I am not too sold on Narcolepsy. On inf, you get hit on the face and additionally lose 2 blood (similar to Coma) in exchange to damage over time, which would equal yours in 3 turns at least in general case. Torpor from Coma allows for anyone (!) to sacrifice a minion for blood hunt, but is not usable under IG. At sup it potentially saves your ass, but so does No Trace at a cheaper cost.

So what are pros of the proposed card?

- DoT, harming multirush mostly (you'd combat end preferably though). So, to use inf against rush, you normally would not have access to sup, which is not too common, from what I take. In general, it would work best with a sacrificial pawn.
- Combat end at sup. Now who would have inf obf and DEM? My best guess is a midcap. In general, dem actions/modifiers do not cost much blood, but you are still limited to 2-3 combat ends with no blood gain, and with BD/Vessel/MT/Villein this actually somewhat transfers into not regained pool. 2-ish pool for Combat end? If you got rushed once, chances are, you will get rushed again, TBH, I'd rather limit losses by converting blood to pool asap. 2-3 combat ends ain't comparable to 4-7.
- Combo power. So you deal DoT or S:CE if things get rough. Chances are this is just too slow to make significant impact on opposing minion's health early on and later on you'd rather take those few blood points straight away.

TBH, what concerns me that for 2 blood in combat, I'd really want a bit more significant impact on interacting minions than that. What I actually do like about the card is that at inf it combines with dedicated combat well. You would get into combat, hit hard (or not so hard if you don't torpor the opposing minion), if the minion survives, that won't be long after he loses all the blood to untap. You'd regain the blood paid from Taste of Vitae most of the time.

!malk! :OBF: :DEM: :cel: :cap6: Sabbat. If this vampire's bleed is successful, he laughs manicly and untaps.

More
12 Jul 2013 16:57 #51410 by Jannu
I would agree with Ohlman, Dementation is a discipline wich is very poor in combat so giving it it's third combat card would be reasonable.

Also, yes, ofcourse majesty is very good, but in presence there should be some good cards to avoid combat. Comparing dementation and presence in that matter is pointles, if you can, you will choose presence over dementation if you want to survive through combat.

The point in Narcholepsy, it can truly be used as an offensive and defensive card. Torn Singpost and/or Target Vitals can add nasty punch to inferior and superior really costs you only one blood as you won't get hit by the enemy as you should (so you pay only one blood extra to ordinary resolution).

:POT: Potence, if it doesn't work, you just aren't using enough :POT:

National Coordinator of Finland
Prince of Hämeenlinna

More
12 Jul 2013 21:58 #51440 by Ohlmann

Majesty gives untap (quite important effect, no?), so it is still better at 1 blood cost.

I FAR prefer to mess with my opponent blood economy than untapping. Especially since it can often cost him an action. At 1 blood , given the choice between the two, I will not even consider Majesty as an option. It would be like choosing between majesty and the disciplineless dodge.

To make thing even worse, malkavian who don't want to be blocked are very scarcely blocked since they have obfuscate. So you pack combat card because you want to block or because you are rushed, two cases where the untap of Majesty is even less good.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.075 seconds