file [Submission] On the Run (cel/obf bleed defense)

15 Jan 2014 08:28 - 15 Jan 2014 08:28 #58608 by Ankha
On the Run
Cardtype: Reaction
Disciplines: Celerity/Obfuscate
Only usable during a bleed action against you. Not usable by a blocking minion.
[cel][obf] Tap this vampire. You do not burn more than 2 pool during this action, regardless of the amount of the bleed.
[CEL][OBF] Tap this vampire. This turn, while this vampire is ready, you do not burn more than 2 pool during bleed actions against you, regardless of the amount of the bleed, and if this vampire is burned or goes to torpor, burn 3 pool.

Art notes: a hairy vampire in a suit, his tie untied, is fleeing at high speed in a dirty back alley, putting weight with one hand on a bin to jump over it, the other holding an attaché. Some running silhouettes in the shadow far behind are chasing him. The scene happens at night.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 15 Jan 2014 08:28 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 Jan 2014 09:27 #58653 by Ankha
No comment? Have I reached the status perfectus?

Prince of Paris, France
The following user(s) said Thank You: D-dennis

More
17 Jan 2014 13:20 - 17 Jan 2014 13:21 #58657 by extrala
I am not quite sure of if the superior effect is too strong, I was considering this in context of an Unnamed or IC bleed deck. You get a comparable effect (but transient) similar to Protected Resources, but without the drawback of not being able to bleed yourself.

Maybe instead of the torpor/burn clause, restrict the bleeds of the vampire (or of all of your vampires?) to 1 or 2 pool max. in your turn.

On the Run
[cel][obf] Tap this vampire. Reduce this bleed to a maximum of 2. This vampire cannot bleed for more than 2 during your next turn.
[CEL][OBF] Tap this vampire. Reduce all bleeds during this turn to a maximum of 2. All of your vampires cannot bleed for more than 2 during your next turn.

Last edit: 17 Jan 2014 13:21 by extrala.

More
17 Jan 2014 14:06 #58659 by brandonsantacruz
It looks like a card that will be wallpaper most of the time. There are many sources of bleed reduction and bounce out there. This card will shine when you are being bled by Vignes or guys like that, but mostly sit in your hand or get cycled for little/no effect.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
17 Jan 2014 16:15 #58661 by extrala
I disagree. I am being bled for more than 2 pool a lot time in casual games and in tournaments even more so. And the designated target are the City Gangrel, who are in desperate need of such of tool.

More
17 Jan 2014 20:25 #58666 by Ankha

I am not quite sure of if the superior effect is too strong, I was considering this in context of an Unnamed or IC bleed deck. You get a comparable effect (but transient) similar to Protected Resources, but without the drawback of not being able to bleed yourself.

Maybe instead of the torpor/burn clause, restrict the bleeds of the vampire (or of all of your vampires?) to 1 or 2 pool max. in your turn.

On the Run
[cel][obf] Tap this vampire. Reduce this bleed to a maximum of 2. This vampire cannot bleed for more than 2 during your next turn.
[CEL][OBF] Tap this vampire. Reduce all bleeds during this turn to a maximum of 2. All of your vampires cannot bleed for more than 2 during your next turn.

I don't know that many CEL / OBF decks that bleed for more than 2, apart from Unnamed. Even Unnamed decks will rely more on Enkil Cog's two bleed per turn rather than massive bleed that could get Archoned, so restricting the bleed isn't really a drawback.

Prince of Paris, France

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds