file [Submission] Nosferatu Vote

29 Mar 2014 22:00 - 29 Mar 2014 22:06 #60428 by The Flayed Man
Here is one of several "Chicago Resurgence" cards I'm working on for possible use. Chicago played a huge part of Vtes world, having four (maybe five) books written about the city and the Vampires there...that's a lot.

Already 18 vampires(perhaps more) already have history from Chicago storylines. Including some of the most powerful in Menele and Helena.

In "Chicago Chronicles Vol 1" it clearly states that the Nosferatu are 'the' ones who truly know whats going on in the city. They own the pulse of politics.

Daley Plaza in Chicago is at the heart of that pulse, within quarter mile of the location is City Hall, Local Courts, State of Illinois Offices, Federal courts, several major banks.

Okay...for some reason (despite having an add file button), I can't seem to upload the picture of the card. If anyone knows to upload images into the messages please let me know.

You can see the card here...

http://dnn.vtes.net/Default.aspx?tabid=859http://

Bonus points to anyone who knows where the quote is from.
Last edit: 29 Mar 2014 22:06 by The Flayed Man. Reason: problems with add file

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
01 Apr 2014 13:46 #60490 by jamesatzephyr

Daley Plaza
1 pool
Master: Unique Location
Tap during a referendum to cancel the votes of all Camarilla vampires except those cast by Nosferatu.

Difficult. Ventrue HQ is typically considered very good when it delivers 3 votes for the same cost. This is much more unpredictable, but potentially cancels many more votes than just 3. But, it's in plain sight, so the cross-table Arika deck playing Awe and blowing 9 blood does get fair warning. Could get fun with House of Sorrow.

It's probably quite a bit better than Demonstration, which isn't the best card in the world and the !Ventrue do have an apparent V:TES niche of curmudgeonly vote-meddlers.

Overall, it does feel a little on the good side. But 2 pool would probably be too much.

More
01 Apr 2014 14:19 #60492 by ReverendRevolver
Important Omission in sources of canon WoD Chicago stuff:

The year of the scarab trio is set around hunters, a Risen, Beckett, and mummies in chicago, and features several prominent mindred, Menele, Khalid, an old Brujah(name escapes me) and gangrel elder woman(also cant recall name)

Anyway, i worry more about sabbat splashing a,weenie nossie to use it.

But. It does seem neat. Would be better in certan envirnments, but oh well.

Anarch nossies can splash the cheap princes, rn barons, and skip successions while still pushing votes. Seems neat, not quote wallpaper, but not too strong.

Also note that Headquarters grants a permanent effect once an untap that the clans in clans allow anyway, so this is strong by allowing nossies a new trick thats playable.

More
01 Apr 2014 15:20 #60493 by Zoroh

Bonus points to anyone who knows where the quote is from.

The Blue Brothers. \o/

Keep walking...

More
02 Apr 2014 09:41 #60536 by alek
it's much overpowered. Permanent way to cancel the votes of all Inner Circle/ Justicars. Most political power in vtes is held by camarilla, so it's much much better than Ventrue HQ which requires a clan which main power is politics (Ventrue)

More
02 Apr 2014 09:42 - 02 Apr 2014 09:46 #60537 by The Flayed Man
Kuddos to Zoroh on the quote.
Last edit: 02 Apr 2014 09:46 by The Flayed Man. Reason: mistype

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds