file A mean for :CHI: to have ousting power

19 May 2014 06:43 #62529 by Timo
At the moment, if you play a deck with Sensories and the like, you will basically lock 2 or 3 vampire and then you will die or time limit.

You can basically hope for 1 VP and most of the time less thant that.

What can we do if we want to improve the ousting power of said deck without copy/paste an allready existing card and without making an unstopable war machine ?

So I came with an idea like that :

"Some name"
Action modifier
cost X blood
You cannot play another action modifier to increase this bleed amount.
:chi: burn X cards requiring :chi: in play to add +X bleed.
:CHI: burn 2X cards requiring :chi: in play to add +2X+1 bleed.

It means for a sensory dep user, that you can for the cost of 1 blood (basically free because you allready have a mean to reduce the cost of :chi: cards) and the removal of 2 sensory, you add 3 to a bleed action.

Basically every sensory have now a burnable option for +1 bleed for the cost of 1/2 blood when you play this card.

Another idea with the same concept could be :

"Some name"
Action modifier
cost X blood
You cannot play another action modifier to increase this bleed amount.
:chi: burn X cards requiring :chi: in play to add +X bleed.
:CHI: put this card on this vampire. Burn 2X other cards requiring :chi: in play to add +2X bleed.

Just for the record, the card also works for removing sensory on your own minions.

For the name and the fluff, I imagine something which represents the bargaining power you obtain by removing some curse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
19 May 2014 07:06 #62533 by alek
eeee, this just makes already overpowered card (sensory) even better.
Personally I didn't notice that ravnos have any ousting issues with cards like deep song, fata morgana and especially week of nightmares available.

More
19 May 2014 07:15 #62535 by Timo
I disagree on the OPness of SP.

It is a no stealth action which cost 3 blood which make your grand prey win games.

More
19 May 2014 09:34 #62539 by alek

which make your grand prey win games.

only when played poorly.
it's similar in effect to heavy combat. and has the same issues.
It usually makes a player unable to use his minions which has very big impact on table balance. But when used wisely it is veeeeery strong and can bring whole tables down.

More
19 May 2014 09:54 #62540 by jamesatzephyr

eeee, this just makes already overpowered card (sensory) even better.
Personally I didn't notice that ravnos have any ousting issues with cards like deep song, fata morgana and especially week of nightmares available.

Yeah, it does sound a little like the sort of deck being suggested is trying to lock down everything in sight with Sensory Deprivation (so having a metric assload of them in the deck, probably with some stealth and blood gain) and then complaining it's slow to oust with bleeds of one. Which is basically the issue combat decks of old had - oh look, my prey has no vampires left, but I'm bleeding for three a turn and we time out.

I'd aso add Tumnimos to your list, which is often awesome with Week of Nightmares. Treasured Samadji is also solid, and Shilmulo Tarot is also a decent include for a deck that wants to manage SensDep vs bleeds.

More
19 May 2014 13:18 - 19 May 2014 13:20 #62541 by yesferatu
I haven't actually ever had problems ousting with Chimerstry.
Ravnos in general have a little stealth and bleed boost when they need it.
With Deep Song, Tier of Souls and Fata Morgana, they can bleed for 3 consistently.

Any clan without inherent bounce is going to be at a disadvantage, but I don't think they need a direct bleed boost.
Last edit: 19 May 2014 13:20 by yesferatu.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ReverendRevolver

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds