file [submission] Toxic Miasma and Malfeasance

29 May 2014 01:30 #62839 by self biased
Name: Toxic Miasma
Cardtype: :combat:
Cost: 0
Discipline::thn:
Only usable before range is determined during the first round.
:thn: the opposing minion and each of its retainers take 1 unpreventable damage after range is determined each round. A vampire may play only one Toxic Miasma each combat.
:THN: As above, but this vampire gains one blood at the end of the round for each damage inflicted by Toxic Miasma.

Flavor text: "Man, I'm glad i don't smell anymore after seeing what one of those things did to Jerry."

Art notes: corpse-like vampire surrounded by a corrosive green fog

World of Darkness reference: none.

Name: Malfeasance
Cardtype: :action:
Cost: 0
Clan::same:
Put this card into play. When one of your Samedi :same: succesfully bleeds your prey, that Vampire may put a Malfeasance counter on this card. If it does so, the bleed burns no pool; it is unsuccessful. When one of your Samedi :same: successfully bleeds your prey, that Vampire may burn a Malfeasance counter to force your prey to burn two pool. Any minion can burn Malfeasance as a (D) action.

Art notes: Zombies defacing corporate art and sculptures

World of Darkness reference: none

How does this card address a compelling game need?: this is an attempt to give samedi a bleed boost, in the vein of a more permanent spying mission.

Created by: Christopher Malec

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 May 2014 01:31 - 29 May 2014 01:32 #62840 by self biased
i realize these cards are "like this other card, but..." but samedi need some love.
Last edit: 29 May 2014 01:32 by self biased.

More
29 May 2014 06:27 #62848 by alek
I like the first one. It can make samedi worthy opponents in combat.
Malfeasance is just a little too clumsy. Card tezt is too long and effect too coplicated. It doesn't give samedi anything they really need. Almost identical effect can be achieved with spying mission.

More
29 May 2014 10:32 #62853 by self biased

I like the first one. It can make samedi worthy opponents in combat.
Malfeasance is just a little too clumsy. Card tezt is too long and effect too coplicated. It doesn't give samedi anything they really need. Almost identical effect can be achieved with spying mission.

that was sort of the point of malfeasance: by making it a semi permanent spying mission that is a little more flexible, it might free up card slots in the deck.

More
29 May 2014 14:46 #62854 by ReverendRevolver
Samedi combat would become viable ( nobody tell me it is.... its tier 2 at its best, and its all about withering if its tood samedi combat, period) with the first card. Hot. Really neat. Rush, trap, that card, then groaning corpse, wither, keep going.

Second card.......

Its a neat thing, but its an action for a clan bogged down by lotsa cool actions. Samedi can:

Bleed for 1-2 typically, recruit a dead hooker, recruit a shambler by removing a dead hooker from game, add one blood to each younger samedi in uncontrolled region, gain the edge and a pool or burn the edge to gain 2 pool, hunt, get a procurer, or once a game each typically recruit carlton, ossian, and or mylan.

So, things they can do is one of those, freak drive, another, typically.

They have stralth. They use alot of blood. They do ok ish pool damage, some bloat, very little defense.

They need:
Once per turn Thn+For mumtiact only usable on a sucessful undirected action, with no blood cost

Defense.

A rush at thn thats a computer hacking at THN

A card similar to enticement(burn edge to do pool damage)

Most important, a trifle action for clan samedi that gets the top card of your crypt into uncontrolled region without the blood cost of outferior clothos.

Not feeling the second cars as is though.

More
29 May 2014 14:55 #62856 by Louhi
First one is ripe for abuse together with dawn operation, since it's unpreventable damage it's even stronger than domain + hourglass. This would only be if people tried to block however. One easy fix would be to just have them burn the blood but I guess leaving it as it is fine too. A combo that would make people not block Samedi won't change much seeing how they already have OBF, THN and even FOR unblockability.

From my experience, the main problem with them is how to not get ousted though, more combat options won't change that.

Lidingö Scourge

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds