file [Errata musing] Protect thine own

25 Jul 2014 02:18 #64028 by KevinM
There's a little card called RED LIST that makes this fix still stupid, because Arika still burns almost every vampire in the game, at stealth, with nearly zero possibility of being able to stop her. Just like before.

A courageous try, though, if I've ever seen one.

Kevin M., Prince of Las Vegas
"Know your enemy and know yourself; in one-thousand battles
you shall never be in peril." -- Sun Tzu, *The Art of War*
"Contentment...Complacency...Catastrophe!" -- Joseph Chevalier
Please visit VTESville daily! vtesville.myminicity.com/
Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/129744447064017

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
25 Jul 2014 06:03 #64045 by Timo

There's a little card called RED LIST that makes this fix still stupid, because Arika still burns almost every vampire in the game, at stealth, with nearly zero possibility of being able to stop her. Just like before.

A courageous try, though, if I've ever seen one.

Of course there is !

But it is a good try and I guess something along this line could be "acceptable" (but I would like it to be able to trigger trophies which could be written on the card)

but it is wrong to say Arika could burn anybody at the table. It cost actually a lot of blood !! And you know what ? Ayo Igoli can allready do it without the red list part !

More
25 Jul 2014 06:43 #64047 by FrançoisV
It seems the only way to properly errata a card with such an effect is to load it with conditions and costs to the point it is practically unplayable anyway. So in the end, why bother ? :laugh:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981, Ashur

More
25 Jul 2014 08:06 #64052 by Ashur

It seems the only way to properly errata a card with such an effect is to load it with conditions and costs to the point it is practically unplayable anyway. So in the end, why bother ? :laugh:

Agreed. So why not just go:

Protect Thine Own
Political Action
Cost: 1 blood
Requires a justicar or Inner Circle member.
Choose a non-Camarilla Red List vampire with a capacity below 6. If the acting vampire is a member of the Inner Circle, you may choose any non-Camarilla Red List vampire instead. If this referendum is successful, burn that vampire.

It´s still wallpaper though. The "non-Camarilla"-clause make it suck, but removing it would make it stupid.

Anyway, my fundamental approach to errata is to keep it as simple as possible, or don´t do it at all.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
25 Jul 2014 09:42 #64054 by FrançoisV
Actually I'd just not bother having it errata'ed and keep it banned. With just an additional Red List condition one could (and will) argue that it's still too easy to pull off. Well, there are already such concerns with an additional Red List condition and a younger clause and a huge cost in blood; really, if that card can be both broken (meaning "too powerful") and broken (meaning "unplayable") there is no way this card can be errated in a satisfying way.

Or maybe with "burn that vampire and the acting vampire". (I'm not really serious, just keep it banned :laugh: )

More
06 Oct 2014 19:13 #66094 by alasteir

Actually I'd just not bother having it errata'ed and keep it banned. With just an additional Red List condition one could (and will) argue that it's still too easy to pull off. Well, there are already such concerns with an additional Red List condition and a younger clause and a huge cost in blood; really, if that card can be both broken (meaning "too powerful") and broken (meaning "unplayable") there is no way this card can be errated in a satisfying way.

Or maybe with "burn that vampire and the acting vampire". (I'm not really serious, just keep it banned :laugh: )

What about using the Eldest Command Undeath terms, and making it usable only for prince and justicar? I believe this is nearer than the original to WoD lore.

Vitor Hugo
:laso:
:obf::pre::POT::OBT::cap8:
Sabbat. Vitor gets +1 vote against any referendum of a political action.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.065 seconds