file Ideas in Anarchy

22 Oct 2014 22:10 #66889 by Juggernaut1981
Replied by Juggernaut1981 on topic Re: Ideas in Anarchy

OK, but then it should say so in the card text. The way it's worded now lets its player steal equipment cross table. Your design intent is clear, but the wording is not.

I'll suggest 'maybe' on that.

You think it's not poweful enough already??? :ohmy:

It was always intended to basically reduce the bleed and in exchange steal things like locations. I might edit and put a newer version below.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 Oct 2014 22:21 #66891 by Juggernaut1981
Commandeer V2
Action Modifier
Dom/Obf/Pot
1 blood
Requires an Anarch. Only usable when a bleed action would be successful.
Choose an item of equipment or a location controlled by the Methuselah you are bleeding. Reduce the bleed by 1 or the cost of the chosen card (in pool), whichever is greater.
:dom: Put the chosen card on this minion.
:obf: Put the chosen card into its controller's library.
:pot: Burn the chosen card.

More
26 Oct 2014 03:24 #66959 by Juggernaut1981
Adaptive
Action Modifier
aus/cel/pro
Requires an Anarch.
Only usable during a (D) action. A vampire may use any one or all of the disciplines listed once during this action.

:aus: Burn X+1 to cancel a reaction costing X blood when it is played.
:cel: Vampires without :cel: must burn 1 blood to attempt to block this action.
:pro: +1 stealth

More
27 Oct 2014 12:01 - 27 Oct 2014 12:22 #66992 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Ideas in Anarchy

Days of Anarchy
Unique Master - Trifle?
1 :pool:
Put this card in play
During his master phase any Methuselah can change the sect of ONE untitled vampire to anarch.
Burn this card during your next untap phase.

Make it an event and burn it during your next discard phase (or similar) and I could see this being interesting. As an event, I could also go with dropping the pool cost as it's then once per game.

Just joined the revolution
Master
1 :pool:
Put this card on vampire with a city title. That vampire is now anarch and baron of that city.

Either make it "a vampire you control" or give it a Golconda-like cancellation clause. Being able to take out a player's ability to play cards that are fairly central to their deck, like Second Tradition or Third Tradition/Creation Rites (breed boon), could be very harsh. Yes, Parity Shift is strong. And no, I'm not saying you'd include this card just to scupper a Prince you hate (though you might in a particular playgroup, I guess), but having the option to play it like that when the situation arises in a highly non-interactive way would be quite aargh-inducing.
Last edit: 27 Oct 2014 12:22 by jamesatzephyr.

More
27 Oct 2014 12:08 #66993 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: Ideas in Anarchy

Did you really understand that Anarch are formed by a major of young and modern vampires, renegade sons and clanless ones? How can a restritive discipline like NEC be learned by more than a few of them? Even thaumaturgy is rare on their ranks. Also, a mill and bleed increase card? I really don't like the "you can use one or all the effects".

We already have Nec and Tha cards in anarch three-ways. Crimethinc, Keystone, Friend of Mine, Gear Up, Diversion, Loose Cannon etc. A number of those are terrible cards, but the disciplines have already been handed out.

Also, even if they haven't been, there's nothing stopping the evolution of the storyline in V:TES, just as the Assamites' Camarilla journey has been played with in The Unaligned. Perhaps one element of The Unnamed, Pencilled In, Yet To Be Designed Anarch Set could include a splinter in Clan Giovanni, or something involving Tremere Antitribu, or whatever. Obviously, just because something can be done doesn't mean it must be done - but the Design Team/Storyline Coordinator have scope to develop a storyline and tweak things as they want to.

More
09 Dec 2014 00:21 #68044 by Juggernaut1981
Spreading Glory (v1)
Combat
Only playable at the end of a round of combat where this Anarch did more damage to the opposing minion.
Move 2 blood from the blood or put this card and 1 blood bank on an untitled vampire in your uncontrolled region. If a vampire leaves the uncontrolled region with this card, burn it and that vampire becomes an Anarch immediately.

Spreading Glory (v2)
Combat
:aus::pot::pre:
Only playable by an Anarch. A vampire may use this card at any or all disciplines listed.
:aus: Move up to 2 blood from another Anarch to this vampire.
:pot: If the opposing minion is going to torpor, burn an item of equipment on that minion.
:pre: Put 2 blood from the blood bank on one of your uncontrolled vampires.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds