file [Submission] Keeper of Tradition (Camarilla reward for playing Traditions)

11 Dec 2014 10:01 - 11 Dec 2014 10:02 #68104 by Ankha
Name: Keeper of Tradition
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready prince or justicar.
Remove from your ash heap 3 different tradition cards that this vampire has played. This Camarilla vampire gets +2 bleed and +2 vote. Burn this card if this vampire changes sect.


The hard part is keeping track of who played what. Requiring to play this card first would make it much weaker.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 11 Dec 2014 10:02 by Ankha.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2014 10:44 - 11 Dec 2014 10:45 #68105 by Timo
Why do you think it would be weaker ?

Something along the line of :

When a tradition card played by this vampire would go to the ash heap, put it on this card instead. When there is 3 different traditions on it, this camarilla vampire has +2 bleed and +2 vote.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2014 10:45 by Timo.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2014 11:25 #68107 by Ohlmann
I would add unique, just in case.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2014 11:38 - 11 Dec 2014 11:41 #68108 by jamesatzephyr

Ankha wrote: Name: Keeper of Tradition
Cardtype: Action
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready prince or justicar.
Remove from your ash heap 3 different tradition cards that this vampire has played. This Camarilla vampire gets +2 bleed and +2 vote. Burn this card if this vampire changes sect.


Could you explain the game need?

Second Tradition is already excellent. Third Tradition is very good, but they can be fragile and get burned. (Also, you could probably do that yourself using, say, Fortitude as your skill card for appropriate action modifiers, if you wanted.) Playing them is their own reward. I'm not sure that decks using those cards really need 2 extra votes and 2 extra bleed by popping a couple of Fourth or Fifth Tradition in them.

First Tradition is potentially very good indeed, but needs a bit more thinking about. Such a deck could probably combine First and Second fairly easily, and then get a fairly hefty reward by bringing in a relatively easy to play Fourth or Fifth.

(Sixth Tradition is generally terrible. In most situations, you'd much rather play Carlton because he's much, much less corner case, even with his cost.)

Ankha wrote: The hard part is keeping track of who played what. Requiring to play this card first would make it much weaker.


More problematically, Third Tradition goes in play. If you have more than one breeder, tracking which progeny is which for when they get burned could be quite cumbersome.


Timo wrote: Why do you think it would be weaker ?


Five of the six traditions are actions, meaning that you give players a significant heads-up about which actions to block etc. If both Constanza and Donal are playing Traditions, which one of them do you block in preference? Of course, if you're having to keep track anyway, that may well give them that heads up.

Of course, forcing it to come after also makes it annoying in that you may well have it jamming your hand. You could phrase it as "Put this card on this vampire. During your discard phase, the Prince or Justicar with this card may burn it and three traditions..." or something like that, if you wanted.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2014 11:41 by jamesatzephyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2014 12:13 #68110 by Timo

jamesatzephyr wrote:

Timo wrote: Why do you think it would be weaker ?


Five of the six traditions are actions, meaning that you give players a significant heads-up about which actions to block etc. If both Constanza and Donal are playing Traditions, which one of them do you block in preference? Of course, if you're having to keep track anyway, that may well give them that heads up.


If knowing who to block is somehing you are wory about, just block the "KoT" action ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Dec 2014 12:56 - 11 Dec 2014 12:57 #68111 by jamesatzephyr

Timo wrote:

jamesatzephyr wrote:

Timo wrote: Why do you think it would be weaker ?


Five of the six traditions are actions, meaning that you give players a significant heads-up about which actions to block etc. If both Constanza and Donal are playing Traditions, which one of them do you block in preference? Of course, if you're having to keep track anyway, that may well give them that heads up.


If knowing who to block is somehing you are wory about, just block the "KoT" action ?


Having many opportunities to block may give you more chance of blocking than just one critical action. Not all decks can summon a large amount of intercept on command, when - say - an Obfuscate-driven Prince deck holds a Lost in Crowds and a Forgotten Labyrinth for that crucial moment. Having the option of blocking that or blocking the less-likely-to-be-played-in-large-numbers Fourth or Fifth Traditions may give you a better chance of doing so. You also get the opportunity to DI the KoT or the Tradition, knowing that you've got the 'right' vampire etc.
Last edit: 11 Dec 2014 12:57 by jamesatzephyr.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.117 seconds
Powered by Kunena Forum