file No Cars Go

02 Jan 2015 21:16 #68446 by delangen
No Cars Go was created by delangen
I always thought that somekind of a regular CAR type vehicle should be included. Here is how I imgaine it:

CAR 1-pool
Vehicle
The minion with this vehicle may; tap the car to gain a manuever, tap and burn the vehicle to inflict 2 unpreventable damage before range or tap and car doesn't untap as normal next untap to gain a press.

I don't like it just being a regular car, but don'T know enough about WoD lore to expand the flare of the idea.

As far as game need, well we all know that combat decks usually require lots of cards this could help reduce the fatness of most combat decks, not a huge issue, but please discuss.

Was tinkering with adding the anarch flavor like cost 1 less pool and any anarch can steal vehicle or something along those lines.

Enjoy

RjdL

:aus: :dom: :tha: :for: :trem:
The following user(s) said Thank You: chrisn101

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Jan 2015 06:03 #68599 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: No Cars Go
I have a friend who used a car effectively as a weapon in a LARP.

That said, either your card idea is trying to do much in one card, or it needs to be written more precisely.

Based on your suggestion, I would go with:

Limousine
1 pool
Equipment
Vehicle. You may tap Limousine to give this vampire a maneuver. If this vampire has a mortal retainer, this vampire has an optional press. If this vampire is blocked, you may burn Limousine to deal 2 unpreventable damage at the start of combat.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.
The following user(s) said Thank You: self biased

More
13 Jan 2015 07:50 #68601 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Re: No Cars Go
The following user(s) said Thank You: Juggernaut1981

More
21 Jan 2015 18:34 #68771 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Re: No Cars Go
(I've been trying to articulate my feelings about this for a while and haven't managed it.)

So, starting with this bit first:

I don't like it just being a regular car, but don'T know enough about WoD lore to expand the flare of the idea.

Just pick any sort of car from the real world, really, though probably avoid brand names. An offroader? A sports car? Most cars could be plausible.

Then taking both suggestions together:

CAR 1-pool
Vehicle
The minion with this vehicle may; tap the car to gain a manuever, tap and burn the vehicle to inflict 2 unpreventable damage before range or tap and car doesn't untap as normal next untap to gain a press.

Limousine
1 pool
Equipment
Vehicle. You may tap Limousine to give this vampire a maneuver. If this vampire has a mortal retainer, this vampire has an optional press. If this vampire is blocked, you may burn Limousine to deal 2 unpreventable damage at the start of combat.

I like the idea of a car. I like the idea of a multi-functional vehicle. But both of these implementations seem a little off. There aren't that many decks that want both a maneuver or presses - most decks really want to hose you in the first round. Incidental presses from other cards (e.g. Flash, Immortal Grapple, Aid from Bats) are fine, but taking a whole action for it isn't that awesome. And if you want a perma-maneuver, there are cheaper options - Jackie and Goggles. The main similar card is Ruins of Ceoris for the !Tremere, which is fairly solid for them - free, but also unique. But here, you can only get the press every other turn, and if you do, you've lost the maneuver. The car crash explosion option is okay, but expensive - you've had to take an action to get this, unlike a similar situation with a Concealed Grenade, and it costs a pool, and because you have to have it on you already, you lose the surprise value.

In direwolf's case, although the press is permanent, requiring both a mortal retainer makes it potentially much more expensive for a rush deck - in many cases, that's another action to employ the retainer.

I'd try to find something that has a little more grab factor for a combat deck, and then maybe give it one or more of the other options as more of a fallback.

Something conceptually along the lines of:
Sports Car
Equipment
Vehicle
When this minion is in combat, tap Sports Car to draw a library card and then (without discarding) move a card from your hand to the bottom of your library. Tap Sports Car to give this minion a maneuver. A minion may have only one vehicle.
It's sort of a Learjet with a twist, in order to avoid depleting your library. Potentially useful (assuming it is at all) to a variety of combat-y decks. Or potentially:
Hearse
Equipment
Vehicle
When this minion plays a combat card that goes to the ash heap, tap Hearse to move that card to the bottom of your library. Tap Hearse to give this minion a maneuver.A minion may have only one vehicle.

Not wild about the maneuver on a hearse, but something like that. Perhaps a tap to prevent one non-aggravated damage, or one hand damage, or something like that.

If you want a third option, say something minor but useful like:
Tap Sports Car/Hearse to give this minion +1 stealth on an action to enter combat.
And then bump to 1 pool.

More
21 Jan 2015 20:14 #68774 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: No Cars Go
thanks for the input james. my thought on needing the retainer for the maneuver is both flavor and common sense... the vampire needs a driver to make better use of the Limo

that said, it's not "great" mechanically (but not utterly terrible.)

Since I was going for flavor, maybe eliminate the pool cost and have it require Ventrue with an untap option.

Armored Limousine
Equipment.
Requires a Ventrue
This vampire has a maneuver once each combat. If this vampire has a mortal retainer, she gets an optional press with a maneuver once each combat. If the action to equip Limousine is successful, untap this vampire at the end of the turn.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
21 Jan 2015 20:32 - 21 Jan 2015 20:34 #68775 by chrisn101
Replied by chrisn101 on topic Re: No Cars Go
Interesting post - I like the idea of the Armoured Limo, but does it necessarily require a retainer on the minion? How about it can use any ally or retainer you control? Of course, that would presumably make the driver a viable target for a ranged attack, wouldn't it?

Just wondering about disabling such a vehicle - minions can equip with grenades, bombs grenade launchers etc. during combat, so could burning their weapon burn the vehicle and drive?

Apologies if overcomplicating - my habit is to think more in the MET system than VTES.
Last edit: 21 Jan 2015 20:34 by chrisn101.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.101 seconds