file [Submission] Oblation (Samedi/Harbingers]

13 Feb 2015 08:25 #69207 by alek
really strong. The question is if it's just overpowered or if it's "just" very good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Feb 2015 15:30 #69219 by ReverendRevolver

Alternative implementation of roughly the same idea:

Oblation
Samedi/Harbingers :same:/:hosk:
Cost: 1 :blood:
Requires a seven capacity or higher vampire.
+1 stealth (d) action.
:nec: Inflict 2 damage on a minion controlled by your prey (3 damage if the target is Giovanni).
:NEC: Inflict 3 damage on any minion (4 damage if the target is Giovanni).

Flavour text
"Augustus did not take all of our secrets" - Unre, Keeper of Golgotha.

In line with Alek's comment,

Since '94, we've had cards like blood fury and its identical counterparts where one card says pot/tha strike strength+1 POT/THA strength +2, and its free, but add one blood to the cost and both values go up by one.
So, horseshoes is free, does one or two.

This costs one, does 2 or 3.

Add a damage for fluff, and who cares, Giovanni either fight and can taste and punish, or they bleed or do diary shirt, sometimes zombies. Nothing i just listed that cant handle it doesnt deserve taking 4 damage to a bleeder like isabel or a wraith maker.

Diary decks will eat the minion sometimes, so im talking about sinkimg a powerbleeder.

Necro damaging things like this, maybe too good. But:

Necro sucks.

Its just HoS and Samedi.

Id leave it, or make it target Monsters (imbued need no love, but fluff wise it fits. Carlton and Underbridge Stray sleep easier at least....)

Its fine, balanced......

Unsure of need, but I can honestly say its playable.

More
13 Feb 2015 16:04 - 14 Feb 2015 13:26 #69221 by chrisn101
The extra damage to Giovanni was the idea that

EDIT: Interesting, only seemed to have posted half a message there.

The extra damage to Giovanni was the idea that by practising necromancy, you also open yourself up to other things if you don't know exactly what to do. Was going to be Vampires with Necromancy, but keeping it Giovanni was simpler.
Last edit: 14 Feb 2015 13:26 by chrisn101.

More
14 Feb 2015 06:31 #69227 by Miasmat
But this also adds a stealth on top of Horseshoes. And +1 stealth on a (D) is a LOT better than 0 Stealth.

More
14 Feb 2015 13:30 #69231 by chrisn101
Interesting point Miasmat. Potence is I-find-you-and-beat-you discipline. Necromancy is a bit more recover-some-of-your-hair-and-do-scary-stuff-to-you-from-far-away-without-you-suspecting-it, hence the stealth. Thaumaturgy could do something similar.

More
14 Feb 2015 17:49 #69233 by ReverendRevolver

But this also adds a stealth on top of Horseshoes. And +1 stealth on a (D) is a LOT better than 0 Stealth.

Oops, missed that. Needs to be no stealth for me to be 100% on it.

Its necro for Samedi and HoS only, they both have a block fails or -1 intercept, both have +1 stealth, both have vampire cannot block, insert torpor text here, and Samedi have obfuscate and under skin. I guess HoS have crocs tongue... and its a 7 cap at least. So no stealth needed on the card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds