file [Submission} Cohesion

28 Mar 2015 14:49 #70108 by brandonsantacruz
Name: Cohesion
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 0
+1 stealth action. Requires a Primogen.
Put this card on a vampire of the same clan as this acting vampire. The vampire with this card gains one capacity. During a referendum this vampire may burn a blood and tap x cohesion to gain x votes.

Flavor text: With the support of their elder we can't hope to control these rabble, only influence them. What will they ask in return?
-Sir Walter Nash, Prince of Chicago

Art notes: A group of biker-looking vampires hanging out outside a biker bar looking confident.

World of Darkness reference: Primogen are the elders for their clan in a city and able to organize them. To date all of the primogen cards suck.

How does this card address a compelling game need?: See above

Created by: Brandon Haas

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2015 17:22 #70110 by Miasmat
Replied by Miasmat on topic Re: [Submission} Cohesion

Put this card on a vampire of the same clan as this acting vampire. The vampire with this card gains one capacity. During a referendum this vampire may burn a blood and tap x cohesion to gain x votes.

Can a primogen target himself with the card? I'm always a fan of another turbo-deck helper!

More
28 Mar 2015 17:44 #70112 by brandonsantacruz

Can a primogen target himself with the card? I'm always a fan of another turbo-deck helper!

I had originally intended to add the words "another vampire of the same clan as the acting vampire," but I think it could be fun to allow you to target yourself. Why have a primogen as your star if they can't even play this card if they are your sole vampire? Thematically it seems appropriate to allow a primogen to consolidate power. I'm in favor.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
28 Mar 2015 20:15 #70115 by direwolf
Replied by direwolf on topic Re: [Submission} Cohesion
First of all, it's not clear whether the vampire with the card taps only the cards on the vampire, or any you control, or any in play.

Secondly, giving a vampire a capacity, or a vampire taking an action to increase her capacity at no cost seems a little absurd. Giving a younger vampire the capacity and/or having a blood or pool cost would make sense. Making it so a vampire can only have one would work, depending on the first thought above or reworking the idea some more.

This did get my gears turning on ways in which a Primogen might use her title. I'll start my own thread :)

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
28 Mar 2015 21:16 #70117 by brandonsantacruz
Sanguine Instruction
Action
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready vampire.
Choose a Discipline this vampire has at superior. Put this card on a ready vampire of the same clan as this acting vampire. The vampire with this card gains one level of the chosen Discipline. The vampire's capacity increases by 1: the vampire is one generation older. Cannot be placed on a vampire with the superior version of the Discipline.

This card is roughly equivalent to Cohesion, the main differences being that with Cohesion you gain votes instead of disciplines and it can target the acting vampire at the cost of being a primogen. If targeting yourself makes it broken (to be determined by playtesting), then maybe only target others. There is no capacity restriction for either. I have never heard someone say that Sanguine Instruction was broken and have frequently discarded them when I've drawn them.

Doesn't seem problematic to me.

-Friedrich Nietzsche

More
28 Mar 2015 22:13 #70118 by Miasmat
Replied by Miasmat on topic Re: [Submission} Cohesion
I'm thinking that a turbo deck based on one of these primogen:

Art Morgan using his special each time he reappears to untap Ossian again, giving it another chance to rush (from a card) or whatever action you like.

Jason, the World's Voice or Gwyedd with Dementation bleed modifiers and stealth. Multiple Kindred Spirits a turn would be pretty hot.

Annabelle Triabell does her special a bunch to get Toreadors a crap-ton of bonus bleed for this turn.

Or maybe Wynn does a self-sacrficing Horrific Countenance rush at all of your predator's and prey's vampires and blows himself up in a firey Body of Sun.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds