file submission: warped perceptions

28 Apr 2015 09:24 #70745 by snegiem
Name: warped perceptions
Cardtype: reaction / action modifier
Cost: 1 blood
:chi: :dem: reaction: + 1 intercept with an optional maneuver in the resulting combat if this vampire successfully blocks this action.
:CHI: :DEM: action modifier: +1 stealth. If this vampire is successfully blocked and if combat does occur, the blocking minion will be considered the acting minion in that combat.

Flavor text:

Art notes: someone losing grasop in a delusional world

World of Darkness reference: both dementation and chimestry are deceptive disciplines. some dementation high level abilities play with switching sensationas as do chimestry on its highest levels.

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
5 vampires shares this disciplines in group 4 (+1 advanced)
2 in group 5
1 in group 6
most of the vampire concerned are ravnos
4 of them shares the two at superior level
for the moment no card exists with these two disciplines mixed.
it would add some diversity to strengthten the ravnos walls with these groups
about the mechanisms, i took inspiration mostly from dementation and chimestry cards already existing which give mostly stealth or intercept.

Created by: thomas langaret

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Apr 2015 13:09 #70752 by Ankha
1 blood is expensive for a card requiring two disciplines and granting 1 intercept or 1 stealth.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director

More
29 Apr 2015 07:42 #70767 by direwolf
I agree with Ankha. A dual discipline card with difficult to pair disciplines should be stronger.

conceptually, I see no reason why :dem: + :chi: should provide intercept. Neither one has intercept on it's own.

I would suggest something along the lines of:

"Tunnel Vision"
:modifier:
2 :blood:
:chi: :dem: Minions attempting to block have -1 intercept and they pay 1 additional blood to play reaction cards.
:CHI: :DEM: As above with +2 stealth. If this action is blocked, cancel the combat and untap this minion. End the current minion phase.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
29 Apr 2015 08:19 #70768 by jamesatzephyr

conceptually, I see no reason why :dem: + :chi: should provide intercept. Neither one has intercept on it's own.

Chimerstry has superior Draba , which isn't actually intercept, but lets you nullify a potentially large chunk of stealth.

Dementation has Babble , which doesn't give you intercept but can give one of your chums intercept.
The following user(s) said Thank You: direwolf

More
29 Apr 2015 09:45 #70769 by snegiem
ok chimestry has no "intercept" but the following cards which mostly reduces steath:
ignis fatuus reduces by 1 a minion stealth in inferior for one blood
draba: as mentioned in superior makes a minion stealth drops to 0
veiled sight: gives - x stealth to a minion where x is this minion stealth
pseudo blindness: cancels an action modifier requiring obscufate or chimestry (so most of the time stealth)

for dementation: 2 cards have intercept:
babble in inferior gives +1 intercept to another minion
random pattern (mixed auspex and dementation) gives +1 intercept in inferior

More
29 Apr 2015 10:03 #70770 by snegiem
Name: warped perceptions
Cardtype: reaction / action modifier
Cost: nothing
:chi: :dem: reaction: the acting minion gets -1 stealth for the remainder of the turn
:CHI: :DEM: action modifier: +1 stealth. If this vampire is successfully blocked and if combat does occur, the blocking minion will be considered the acting minion in that combat.

so it takes both critics into account:
i reduced the cost and made that card closer to existing card (the inferior level is exactly the same as ignis fatuus but costs no blood as it is a double discipline card). it is more versatile than babble as it helps all attempts to block the action even by the minion who played this card (contrary to babble).

direwolf i am not convinced by your tunnel vision proposition as my goal was to make a card more for wall decks. your tunnel visage is looking very similar to mirror image or to red herring but weaker it seems to me : s
mirror image:
1 blood
chi: + 1 stealth
CHI: Strike: combat ends. If this vampire was blocked while performing an action other than bleeding, the action continues as if unblocked.
red herring
cost 1 blood
[chi] Only usable when this acting vampire is blocked. Untap the acting vampire, do not tap the blocking minion, and cancel the current action and combat. Take the card played to perform the action (if any) back into your hand. Your vampires cannot attempt the same action again this turn. Discard down to your hand size.
[CHI] As above, but tap the blocking minion.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds