file submission: warped perceptions

29 Apr 2015 13:08 #70771 by jamesatzephyr

Name: warped perceptions
Cardtype: reaction / action modifier
Cost: nothing
:chi: :dem: reaction: the acting minion gets -1 stealth for the remainder of the turn
:CHI: :DEM: action modifier: +1 stealth. If this vampire is successfully blocked and if combat does occur, the blocking minion will be considered the acting minion in that combat.

The inferior isn't bad now that the card is free, but I don't think the superior is worthwhile. Deny gives you a free +1 stealth, and similarly Occlusion and the blocking/acting switcheroo probably isn't really worth going to a second discipline for. It's not a bad thing to have, of course, it just doesn't really seem worth making your crypt selection that much more fragile for that benefit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
29 Apr 2015 16:47 #70772 by brandonsantacruz
How about instead of the Dem/Chi version you had "+1 stealth. If this action is blocked the blocking minion cannot block, react or vote for the remainder of the turn." Sort of a contact high thing.

Be careful when you fight the monsters, lest you become one.
-Friedrich Nietzsche

brandonsantacruz.blogspot.com/

More
29 Apr 2015 17:23 #70773 by miketheknife
IMHO, the first proposal was good enough. I'd just change the cost and the additional effect of the advanced version:

Name: warped perceptions
Cardtype: reaction / action modifier
Cost: none
:chi: :dem: reaction: + 1 intercept with an optional maneuver in the resulting combat if this vampire successfully blocks this action.
:CHI: :DEM: action modifier: +1 stealth. If this vampire is successfully blocked, this vampire can burn a blood before range is determined to end combat.

More
19 May 2015 23:15 #71238 by snegiem
i thought about this card a lot... and here comes the new version :

Name: warped perceptions drawing undue attention
Cardtype: reaction
:chi: :dem: the acting minion gets -1 stealth for the remainder of the turn
:CHI: :DEM: as above and any minion can attempt to block this minion ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking actions. Blocking attempts declaration by Methuselah are made clockwise beginning by the acting minion controller's prey instead of the normal order.

reason for modification: as mentioned earlier, at first i wanted to make a card suitable for ravnos/malkav walls deck with some bleed/stealth as well as intercept option...
most of the effects described before in fact were not very new and quite weak compared to existing cards. furthermore nobody seemed to like the more original "effect" which transformed the blocking minion in acting minion for the time of the combat...
so... i thought about what james said about "which kind of card would make people want to build a crypt around it..."
i hope you will like better the new version...
The following user(s) said Thank You: porphyrion

More
20 May 2015 06:39 #71251 by porphyrion
Like it as it might send an entire table into a paranoia state! As the card has no cost (which keeps it playable as opposed to so many over-costed CHI-cards), I do feel a 'A vampire can play only 1 Drawing Undue Attention each turn'-clause might be in order (Two :CHI: :DEM: -vampires would still be allowed 1 each otherwise it's a pointless card).

More
28 May 2015 02:56 #71361 by direwolf

Name: warped perceptions drawing undue attention
Cardtype: reaction
:chi: :dem: the acting minion gets -1 stealth for the remainder of the turn
:CHI: :DEM: as above and any minion can attempt to block this minion ignoring the normal prey, predator or target restrictions for blocking actions. Blocking attempts declaration by Methuselah are made clockwise beginning by the acting minion controller's prey instead of the normal order.

The superior is a little text heavy. A possibility that is simpler might be:

:CHI: Reduce the acting minions stealth to -1.

Just trying to keep it simple here :)

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds