file [submission] Virstania, the Great Mother (advanced)

08 Jun 2015 17:50 #71561 by GreyB

Ok so James, please do point me to any current advanced vampires as an example of one that doesn't have all discpline levels of the base vampire?

Just because it hasn't happened before doesn't mandate a restriction ;)
If it's thematically correct, why not?

However I do agree there would be some ambiguity as players might wonder which disciplines of which version are in effect or whether or not they could choose.

The pool of drawing Gargoyle characters from WoD lore however has run out, or at least, I know of no more. Perhaps I should draw inspiration from mythical lore.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Jun 2015 18:05 #71563 by GreyB

Now, gargoyles do things Gangrel cant:
Shit out cats, dogs, and bats
As the crow
Tool up with preturnatural and armor of terra
Play non discipline combat effectively
And
Lose at vtes.

Totally agree :laugh:

It's also possible for Gangrel to play the Dominate or Vote angle, giving them a bit more actual ousting power.

But strength and walling is cool, and bleed pump with merged is too. Id say cheaping out razor ats and pumping strength would make gargoyles tier 2 instead of joke decks, but the options existing would be neat anyway.

I've been playing with a few ideas to cheapen gargoyle creatures, but every time I decide it's not thematically correct without a Tremere angle. So I toy more with the silent vigilante angle, on that they are similar to Nosferatu to be honest, but instead of being in the sewers, they have eyes on the corners of every old building and fly through the sky.

Back on topic, perhaps Virstania should simply not be an advanced version... Grouping should change to 5 though, since it would be weird if they're in the same deck together.

Name: Virstania, the Liberator
Cardtype: Vampire
Clan: Gargoyle
Group: 5 or 6
Capacity: 8
Disciplines: THA, FOR, VIS, pot, aus
Advanced, Independent: Your non slave gargoyles get +1 intercept against (D) actions and +1 strength. Flight.

Now we just need more gargoyles within groupin range...

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
08 Jun 2015 19:19 #71566 by Klaital
You could make a card of something similar to Muricia's Call for gargoyles to let them get their stone zoo cheaper and more reliably.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds