file Some g2 vampires I feel would deserve advanced versions

11 Aug 2015 22:03 #72469 by snegiem
I created two posts after this one was open: one for nakova and one for petru sipos... otherwise i think this one might get "chaotic" as more than 4 or 5 vampires are concerned... and as everybody has an idea a little bit different from the other...

direwolf: i did not copy your post about nakova in the aforementioned post, but if you want, you can of course post it there too...

asnek:
i m mixed about your analysis: to say the truth, i m maybe also not really objective about it too, as i don t see much anarch decks around me and even less anarch decks based on group 2 vampires.... anyway, to give violet a bishop title in advanced unmerged version would leave out the "trouble" as she would become unfit to be played in anarch decks...
by the way, i always loved that vampire and specially her special ability but i always felt i was one of the rare to do so cause it was difficult to add her in a clan based deck as mentioned earlier.
more generally, at the tables i m playing usually, i finally saw few advanced vampire (hannibal the malkavian antitribe ?), i saw even more basic version of vampire whose advanced version exists but were not played ( basic theo bell, jack dawson the samedi, xaviar the gangrel justicar ) ... so i m not that afraid to see new advanced "versions"... after in case of nakova or petru sipos for example, i really think that you "have to" give their advanced versions both a special quite "yummy" to make people want to play them and also a special attractive for merged version in order to make people want to add the basic version as well and to not make her forget as you said.
... and specially it s better i feel if power combines or completes each other (and even like this, you re not sure that people will play them: a few months ago i played lazarus advanced first and merged him one turn later, all the table looked at me asking me why i was playing a vampire, whose cost is 9 with 1 vote... even with one maneuver, ability to do 1R damage and one optionnal press, the cost of the vampire 9+1 for merging and a total of almost 3 turns of influence seemt to most of people of the table far too much...)

about the background, the trouble with most group 1 and 2 vampires is that they were not truly integrated in the world of darkness background except for a very few (khemintiri for example was described in the ventrue clanbook and the supplement children of the night if i don t make mistake, but vampires such as angus the unruled the gangrel justicar or smudge the ignored are simply not described as far as i know...)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds