file By the Kindred for the Kindred

19 Aug 2015 20:38 #72612 by Juggernaut1981

Yes, but you can, according to the current text, play several of them during a single bleed.

You would need "Only one By the Kindred, For the Kindred may be played during an action."

Even if only one could be played during an action, you could combine it with other bleed reduction cards to make it burn blood.

A bleeds for 1
B (primogen) plays By the Kindred for the Kindred and chooses X as zero, then plays Telepathic Counter at superior to reduce bleed to -1
B does not burn any pool and A burns 1 blood

Actually I don't mind it dovetailing with other reduce. Reduce is generally under-used.

Yeah a one-per-action isn't a huge impost on it, and would probably mean I'd ditch the blood cost.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
23 Aug 2015 04:59 #72660 by direwolf
Flavor-wise "By the kindred/people, for the kindred/people" is a pretty modern phrase. I would expect that in an Anarch card, not Camarilla.

It's also a good idea to simplify card mechanics in a complex game like VtES. Even doing simple math for a single card is asking a lot.

I would suggest the following:

"Clan Rebuff"
:reaction: Reaction.
Requires a Primogen.
Reduce a bleed against you by X where X is the number of ready non-unique ready vampires you control of the same clan as this reacting vampire. If the bleed is reduced to 0 or less you may tap X vampires of this reacting vampires clan you control to deal X damage to the acting minion.

Okay my idea is complicated too.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
23 Aug 2015 07:40 #72664 by Juggernaut1981
Your's would torpor minions, mine makes them hunt. That is quite a difference...

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

More
25 Aug 2015 03:07 #72703 by direwolf

Your's would torpor minions, mine makes them hunt. That is quite a difference...

That is not the point.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.081 seconds