file Card Idea: Exoskeleton

28 Oct 2015 16:06 #73904 by brettscho
Thank you both for the information. I'll stop derailing the thread now :whistle:

Check out my VTES blog: Gaming with BS

I also host a google doc which separates the TWDA into clans . That means I track how often clans win, which crypt groups get used, and how many people attend events. You can access all of that info here:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Oct 2015 22:00 #73907 by Maddog

Vicissitude's thematics still allow interesting growth options in the form of more allies/retainers and further actions and modifiers to work Vicissitude changes upon them. I'm thinking Lobotomy here, which was a cool card but needed a lower opportunity cost rather than requiring outright use as the ally was recruited.

Drain

Lobotomy might be used more if it didn't have the "cannot use maneuvers" part in it. Then again maybe with a few traps, and/or other presses could make up for the no allowed maneuver clause.

More
28 Oct 2015 22:24 #73908 by jamesatzephyr

Lobotomy might be used more if it didn't have the "cannot use maneuvers" part in it. Then again maybe with a few traps, and/or other presses could make up for the no allowed maneuver clause.

When looking at Lobotomy, I find myself thinking that the right thing to do is just block the action requiring Dominate/Presence, rather than faff about with cards like this. Wakes, Eys of Argus, Telepathic Misdirection, Guard Dogs or whatever are probably stronger cards all round, for when people aren't playing Far Mastery or Entrancement etc. Or if you're playing lots of War Ghouls, just eat the relevant vampires first. :-) Presence Entrancement is probably the more annoying option there from the point of view of the Tzimisce player, as it's one of the cards of that ilk that's solid to build a deck around if you want to - so you do occasionally find players playing a solid clutch of Entrancement, so you probably can't eat all their vampires right away.

The biggest problem as it is is, as Drain said , probably the opportunity cost - needing it right at the moment of recruitment is annoying, and it probably needs more oomph to offset that. But giving more oomph to a War Ghoul probably isn't a good idea - so then you probably do want to reduce the opportunity cost somewhat. An action that untaps you, maybe? But even then... would I just prefer to have some better tool in hand instead, so I don't find myself annoyingly drawing into an ally enhancer mid-block or mid-combat?

More
29 Oct 2015 21:47 - 29 Oct 2015 21:48 #73948 by Drain

The biggest problem as it is is, as Drain said , probably the opportunity cost - needing it right at the moment of recruitment is annoying, and it probably needs more oomph to offset that. But giving more oomph to a War Ghoul probably isn't a good idea - so then you probably do want to reduce the opportunity cost somewhat. An action that untaps you, maybe? But even then... would I just prefer to have some better tool in hand instead, so I don't find myself annoyingly drawing into an ally enhancer mid-block or mid-combat?

Oh, this one's easy: change up a card like the one being proposed to be the two things; an ally enhancer at basic (effect could simply mimick flak/leather jacket) and a (this is important) sub-par prevention card at superior. Something like "Prevent 2 from opposing minion's strike" could serve as ballpark, given the versatility.

Drain
Last edit: 29 Oct 2015 21:48 by Drain.

More
31 Oct 2015 18:19 - 31 Oct 2015 20:39 #73974 by Maddog
How about..

Exoskeleton

Type: Combat

Exoskeleton:

vicissitude: This vampire may burn 1 life on an Ally or Retainer they control to prevent 1 damage this vampire takes in combat. Or this vampire may burn an addition 1 blood to give an Ally +1 strength in combat

VICISSITUDE: This vampire may burn 1 blood to prevent 2 points of damage in combat from a minion.

Do not replace until combat has ended.

or

vicissitude: This vampire may burn 1 life from an Ally or Retainer they control to prevent 1 damage this vampire takes in combat. Or this vampire may burn 1 blood to prevent 1 point of damage to an Ally or retainer they control.

VICISSITUDE: This vampire may burn 1 blood to prevent 2 points of damage in combat from a minion.

Do not replace until combat has ended.

Could add: use before strikes, use before combat ect...Also I should maybe add some clause- this card can not be used on a War Ghoul to prevent damage to a War Ghoul or to add +1 strength as they are strong enough already.
Last edit: 31 Oct 2015 20:39 by Maddog.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds