file Submission: Stone Sentinel

24 Apr 2016 20:50 - 29 Jul 2016 23:42 #76651 by Maddog
Stone Sentinel
Clan:Gargoyle
Card Type:Ally
Cost:2 Pool
Gargoyle creature with 3 life. 1 strength, 0 bleed.
Stone Sentinel may tap to give a Gargoyle you control +1 intercept. Stone Sentinel has one optional maneuver each combat.
If you have more Stone Sentinel's than controlled ready Gargoyle's all Stone Sentinels tap.

Or:-

Stone Sentinel
Clan:Gargoyle
Card type:Ally
Cost:1 Pool
Gargoyle creature with 3 life. 1 strength, 0 bleed.
Stone Sentinel may burn 1 life to give a Gargoyle you control +1 intercept. Stone Sentinel has one optional maneuver each combat.

Or just make unique if needed.

Theme: Gargoyle scouts were created to watch enemies and to report any useful information. Relying on stealth and Flight, rather than potence and fortitude like the warrior cast.Sentinels where more chantry body guards/security, however I like the meaning and sound of Stentinel vs Scout. Stone Scout or Rock Scout sounds weak in comparison.

Game need: With the exception of many tupdog decks, Gargoyle generally suck ass. The slave status is clunky and restrictive, some of their intercept cards such as Defender of the Heaven & scry the hearthstone are useless versus any non D action like vote decks or swarm decks setting up where even a "legwork" would have been more useful. I don't like using any restrictive reaction cards that can only block D action, it's to often a wasted card slot imo, that better replaced with non-restrictive intercept from other reaction cards, masters & equipment ect. Theme-wise I understand in RPG blocking gorgoyle body guards/protectoring their masters & their shit ect, however it's a hit & miss game mechanic, awesome if being D targeted by bleed ect, not so good vs non d actions you want/need to block.

Personally I'd like to see more useful "toys" for independent Gargoyles (including more independent vamps).

Anyway I thought as they don't have many allies, I'll have a go at creating one. I'd like to hear anyones ideas re: gargoyle allies/retainers.
Last edit: 29 Jul 2016 23:42 by Maddog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Aug 2016 19:56 #77731 by Maddog
Replied by Maddog on topic Submission: Stone Sentinel
Thoughts, ideas, suggestions welcome.

More
02 Aug 2016 21:29 #77733 by GreyB
Replied by GreyB on topic Submission: Stone Sentinel

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions welcome.

Weeeelll, I kinda liked my idea for Stone Sentinel better ;)
www.vekn.net/forum/expansion-sets-card-ideas/74862-submission-stone-sentinel

Especially useful against unblockable actions.

There's enough source material to create a pokemon zoo of allies for Gargoyles, but I personally feel this would be a wrong angle for Gargoyles. Besides, for 2 pool I'd rather get a Razor Bat or intercept location, can't really explain why, always felt utility allies are not as permanent as retainers or locations... If Gargoyles would get another ally, please let it be one with bleed or a nasty ousting trick.

Also think that any more intercept for Gargoyles should be good reaction cards for the element of surprise, if you have 6 permanent intercept on the table, you won't see much action unless they know they can break through.

:garg: :VIS: :POT: :FOR: :flight: -1 Strength

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds