file Predictable Fools

05 Jun 2016 00:12 #77108 by Juggernaut1981
Predictable Fools
Action
:aus::nec:
+1 stealth. Choose a card by name in another Methuselah's ashheap.
:aus: If the chosen Methuselah has a copy of the card in their hand, they must reveal it.
:aus::nec: If there are 3 or more copies in the chosen Methuselah's ashheap, they burn 2 pool and remove from the game 3 copies of the card from their ashheap.
:AUS::NEC: As :aus::nec: above, and if they have a copy of the card in their hand, they must discard it and burn an additional 1 pool.

Art: An individual wearing a Dia de Muertos skeleton costume looking at a number of photos of the same person in different locations doing a similar activity.

:bruj::CEL::POT::PRE::tha: Baron of Sydney, Australia, 418

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jun 2016 23:56 #77127 by Dorrinal
Replied by Dorrinal on topic Predictable Fools
Hey that is a pretty good card idea you have there!

I worded my card this way deliberately:
[the target methuselah] burns 1 pool unless he or she discards a copy of the chosen card.

The target is not compelled to discard the card, which I believe has two advantages. First, the target cannot decline to reveal/discard the card, intentionally or not. This eliminates the possibility of cheating or a simple mistake creating an invalid game state requiring outside adjudication. Second, it requires the target to make another decision (after the block/no block decision), which generates game play. In short, I think it's more fun.

Other differences
Removing the chosen card(s) from the game. I like this variant and would use it if the card is too abusive on unique cards.

+1 stealth. Not for something that generates non-counterable pool damage, but I guess that is something to test.

Auspex-only level. Dig it. Don't like the "must reveal" for the game state reason stated above.

:trem:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds