file Extra Appendage (Card idea)

20 Jul 2016 06:01 - 21 Jul 2016 02:41 #77414 by Maddog
Card Idea:
Updated Edited version:

Cost 0

Card type:Combat

Title: Extra Appendage

:san: Maneuver or press to continue combat

:SAN: Burn up to two cards in your hand and gain a maneuver or press for each card you burn this combat.

:san: :for: Play before range is determined. Once this combat you may prevent 1 damage and gain 1 blood before strikes are chosen. At the end of this combat you may move up to 2 blood from this vampire to another of the same circle.

Original idea:

Card Idea:

Cost 0

:san: Maneuver or press

:SAN: Discard X sanguinus cards from your hand to add 1+X strength to this vampires hand or melee strike this round.

:san: :for: Play before range is determined. You may prevent 1 damage in combat. Gain 1 blood before strikes, and at the end of combat, you may move up to 2 blood from this vampire to another of the same circle.

Just adding some sanguinus combat options. Wording clumsy and needs improvement.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2016 02:41 by Maddog.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jul 2016 10:41 #77415 by Kimpan
Replied by Kimpan on topic Extra Appendage (Card idea)

Card Idea:
:san: :for: Play before range is determined. You may prevent 1 damage in combat. Gain 1 blood before strikes, and at the end of combat, you may move up to 2 blood from this vampire to another of the same circle. quote]

Think its better to change the wording of Gain 1 blood before strikes to Gain 1 blood. Otherwise you would get 3 blood per turn if Occtopod has been played. And I´m guessing that's not your intention? If it is you have to add this round or combat so you know how long the effekt off gain 1 blood before strikes last.

:garg: :VIS: :PRE: :for: :flight:
National Coordinator of Sweden
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maddog

More
20 Jul 2016 17:37 #77418 by jamesatzephyr

:san: Maneuver or press
:SAN: Discard X sanguinus cards from your hand to add 1+X strength to this vampires hand or melee strike this round.
:san: :for: Play before range is determined. You may prevent 1 damage in combat. Gain 1 blood before strikes, and at the end of combat, you may move up to 2 blood from this vampire to another of the same circle.

I quite like the [san] level.

With some wording tidy-up, I think I quite like the [san][for] level. I wonder what it would look like in a Hermana deck, because Hermana Mayor could play it to help out a fresh Menor, and it's an interesting alternative to Slake the Thirst, because the [san] version makes it potentially more playable. I doubt it's likely to be super broken, but play-testing could try hard to break it, obviously.

I think the [SAN] level, however, is very underpowered. All but three Blood Brothers have Potence, and Potence is much better at this sort of thing - Torn Signpost, Undead Strength, Preternatural Strength, Increased Strength and other options. Throw away Sanguinus cards is potentially harsh, as it can do annoying things to your card ratios, and you're probably including some disciplineless cards (Taste of Vitae, some rush cards), some Fortitude cards, some Potence cards, some master cards etc.

I do like it having an unusual mechanism that feels Sanguinus-y, and one that isn't another tap/choose/burn-a-blood-from a fellow Circle member (that's fine too, but we have a few of those), but I think it's misfiring here - I don't think extra strength is that useful here, and I think the cost is quite high for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Maddog

More
20 Jul 2016 18:17 #77420 by Kimpan
Replied by Kimpan on topic Extra Appendage (Card idea)
I don't think the SAN is underpowerd, there are more BB with sup SAN than sup POT, and you want sup SAN to do al the other cool stuff so if you play with field training or sanguin instruction you will most likely always play it on SAN. If you play one of this card at SAN and one Octopod you will hit for 6 per round and you don't even need POT. Discard one SAN card and you hit for 9 per round.

:garg: :VIS: :PRE: :for: :flight:
National Coordinator of Sweden

More
21 Jul 2016 02:21 - 21 Jul 2016 02:50 #77425 by Maddog
Replied by Maddog on topic Extra Appendage (Card idea)
Thanks James and Kimpan for your useful constructive feedback. Yes I was going for a "Sanguin-y" feel without coping the same tap/burn blood, pay more blood route, and yes discard a ton of :san: only cards would effect card ratios. I take your point Kimpan re: wording and hitting for a great deal without :pot: . I originally the :SAN: version was :SAN: :POT: , however I didn't think it was worth it and changed to just :SAN: so those clans that don't want to play with :pot: had another combat options. However reflecting it does looks overpowered and unbalanced, and seems better than :pot:

Anyway I've changed it to make it more maneuver/press focused for more interesting combat option like range, or going to close with option to cycle cards. Personally I don't like "Three's a Crowd" and I think they need another option to maneuver to range potence, play strike combat/bleed to aavoid combat, or play guns/weapons/ ect..Using fake out, backstep, higher ground, has disadvantages and feels off.

Here is a changed updated version:-
Card Idea:

Cost 0

:san: Maneuver or press to continue combat

:SAN: Burn up to two cards in your hand and gain a maneuver or press for each card you burn this combat.

:san: :for: Play before range is determined. Once this combat you may prevent 1 damage and gain 1 blood before strikes are chosen. At the end of this combat you may move up to 2 blood from this vampire to another of the same circle.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2016 02:50 by Maddog.

More
21 Jul 2016 08:23 - 21 Jul 2016 08:25 #77426 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Extra Appendage (Card idea)
Reworded:
[san] Maneuver or press, only usable to continue combat.
[SAN] Discard up to 2 cards to gain 1 maneuver or press for each card discarded.
[san][for] Only usable before range is determined. Once this combat, this vampire can prevent 1 damage and gain 1 blood before strikes are chosen. At the end of this combat, you can move up to 2 blood from this vampire to another Blood Brother of the same circle.

Things that aren't great:

[SAN] is a bit costly, even though it allows to cycle cards. But if you have a good hand, it's a weak effect.

[san][for]: it's weird to have a dual outferior discipline when the superior uses only one discipline. It's doesn't scale up. Gaining blood "before strikes are chosen" is a poor decision and makes cardtext complicated. Simply change it to "gain 1 blood" when the card is played.
The effects are not very consistent, looks like a sum of effects with no link between them (why an extra appendage would give blood to other Blood Brothers?) Plus both Blood Brothers should be ready for the "move blood" effect to occur for balance.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 21 Jul 2016 08:25 by Ankha.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds