file Musing: Nosferatu Prince support @ G1 (Tusk, the Talebearer ADV)

22 May 2017 07:34 - 22 May 2017 09:26 #81980 by Kraus
Name: Tusk, the Talebearer ADV
Cardtype: Vampire
Capacity: 7
Discipline: :OBF: :ani: :pot: :nec:
Clan: :nosf:
Camarilla Prince of Chicago. Tusk must burn 2 blood :blood: to cast votes. During a referendum of a political action, he gains +1 vote for each copy of the current political action in the acting vampire's controller's ash heap.
:merged: +1 hand size while Tusk is ready.

Art notes:
See Tusk's original art; Tusk is standing in scholar's robes, holding a candle and illuminated only by it's light.

How does this card address a compelling game need?:
In essence, the Nosferatu traidition decks are not that good; not mathematically, not socially. They lack most things that Ventrue princes these days have: multiact, votepush, bounce, bleed. What they have is Potence, but even that is being trumped by power creep (where, in a void where no other combat cards are being played, Torn Signpost + Immortal Grapple doesn't add any numbers in comparison to Target Vitals + Hidden Strength).

Adding another Prince to their roster is a bit cheap, but I loved what VEKN did with the Advanced mechanic to help G1. This might help Nosferatu midcaps to be viable.

At the moment I don't see many other paths for G1-2 Nosferatu royalty except making use of the Traditions, because of their disciplines, so reinforcing that could be a first step in giving Nossies some love.

The traditions are what the Nossies do.

Tusk, while merged (which takes a relative pain of tool-up), helps the prince cohort with an effective hand size of 9, and offers another vampire to play the traditions, but pays a hefty price for his votes and doesn't give much to the discipline spread (while maintaining the G1-2 focus on POT OBF instead of ANI).

Notes:
His ability doesn't count the political action card currently being voted on, or that's the intent. Are cards put into ash heap straight away or after resolution, strictly speaking?

Created by:
Petrus Makkonen

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 22 May 2017 09:26 by Kraus.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
22 May 2017 08:59 #81982 by Vlad
Tusk already has an Advanced version, from the Anarchs expansion !

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
22 May 2017 09:25 #81983 by Kraus
That's what you get when you don't do your homework properly. :) Night time ideas need revision in the morning, but background checks as well it seems.

Thanks!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

More
22 May 2017 09:27 #81984 by Vlad
;)

Pentex Board of Directors

Prince of Oye Plage
Alastor Grand Nord

:gang:

:ani: :cel: :chi: :FOR: :PRO:

More
22 May 2017 09:33 - 22 May 2017 09:35 #81985 by Kraus
Now that I checked him out, no wonder it slipped my mind.

Tusk ADV sucks. :)

Too bad. He has such a nice ability, and mid-cap nossies really would need some help. I mean, they thought the synergies through well enough there, but he still lacks meaningful actions to do with his ability.

I've been wondering recently though; how hard would it be to implement multiple different advanced versions of vampires? You could obviously not merge them with another advanced version, but it would give extra options with the base vampire.

...or just move along. :D Anyways, the idea of an extra prince with a utility ability (as the G1-2 Nos royalty doesn't really shine in the special ability deparment) could be applied to any other mid-cap vampire in G1.

-Nalia De-Arnise

Last edit: 22 May 2017 09:35 by Kraus.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.054 seconds