file Why "put this card on" instead of "attach this card to"

23 May 2017 09:41 #82012 by AaronC
The VEKN has started to use the new term "attached" to describe a card that is put on another card and the card that it has been put on. I like the change, but I wonder why you didn't say "attach this card to" instead of "put this card on". It seems more consistent to use the same verb and easier to understand.

"Unlock this vampire, choose a Discipline they have at superior and put this card on [attach this card to?] another ready non-titled vampire you control. The attached vampire is considered anarch (and Independent), and gets +1 level of the chosen Discipline. If the attached vampire changes sect, burn this card. A vampire can have only one Field Training."

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
24 May 2017 09:39 #82017 by direwolf
That would put the rules coordinator out of business. We have to have something to argue about or it wouldn't be vtes.

:tore: :pre: :tem: :aus: Independent Futurist. Contrarian (titled, X votes where X is the number of votes as the acting minion.) Target Vitals is always the better combat card.

More
27 May 2017 09:02 #82031 by jamesatzephyr

The VEKN has started to use the new term "attached" to describe a card that is put on another card and the card that it has been put on. I like the change, but I wonder why you didn't say "attach this card to" instead of "put this card on". It seems more consistent to use the same verb and easier to understand.

I have no idea if this is the reason why, but the current team have shown a fairly strong preference towards shorter card text where possible. And "attach this card to" takes up more space than "Put this card on".

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds