file Submission: José

14 Aug 2017 21:09 #83105 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: José
Updated with what I hope is a better solution.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 Aug 2017 14:06 #83125 by jamesatzephyr
Replied by jamesatzephyr on topic Submission: José

José
4 Capacity Group 4 :cait:
:nec: :pot:
Independent Anarch. Rescuing a vampire from torpor costs José 2 less blood.

The special screamed Salubri to me, so my mind went on a bit of a wander. Keeping the disciplines you've picked (even though they're not in-clan for Salubri - but we can say he's weird for some reason), and keeping him Anarch (also weird for some reason), and going for a reverse Phillipe Rigaud to try to keep it balanced at 4 cap, I end up with something that looks like:
4 cap, Salubri
nec pot obe
Independent Anarch. If any of your vampires are in torpor, Jose must attempt to rescue them (unless he must hunt). Rescue actions cost him 2 less blood. Scarce.

Mixing in aus or for might make him a more useful Anarch, but nec/pot was your version.

More
17 Aug 2017 01:48 #83129 by jblacey
Thematically, the idea of this ability came from a specific power.

Necromancy 3, Resume the Coil
Description: Awaken from Torpor or help another vampire do so.

Technically, it is the Mortuus Path, so... Harbinger of Skulls might be closer than Salubri.

Mechanically, this character was meant to fill a combat support slot. The idea being if combat goes wrong, this character can perform the rescue action. That said, :pot: seemed a convenient discipline... but I could easily see :aus: or :for: being valid options.

More
18 Aug 2017 03:10 #83141 by jblacey
So after some testing... I am finding José to be underwhelming. The other 4 capacity Anarchs all have 4 points of disciplines and he only has 2. His ability is useful but it is situational. So let's go another route. Let's try to make him as useful to as many decks as possible. Make him cost an extra pool so that he is effectively a 5 capacity vampire then we can give him an optimal array of disciplines.

What do you think about this?

José
4 Capacity Group 4 :cait:
:aus: :dom: :for: :nec: :pot:
Independent Anarch. When José enters play, you burn a pool.

The advantage of this design is that he has all in clan disciplines for Giovanni, Harbinger of Skulls, Nagaraja and Ventrue antitribu. This makes him a gateway vampire for Anarch conversions for any of those clans.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds