file Submission: Samiel

18 Jul 2017 13:21 #82648 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Submission: Samiel

I'd really love for a word or character count for crypt cards instead of how many lines we're permitted.

I'll ask Vincent what the character max for four lines of text is. There's gonna be some inexactness there, as different characters have different sizes since the font isn't fixed-width.

The number of lines is very important as it determines the font size (aka readibility).
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Jul 2017 13:37 - 18 Jul 2017 13:41 #82651 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Samiel

I removed the Salubri clause, since there's only, like, a couple of Salubri cards. Most of them require Obeah instead. It seemed like the most redundant clause.

Yes, it was included for flavor reasons. At best it equates to +1 intercept if people use the Master card.

Should Samiel's hand strikes only be aggravated, or all damage? Even guns like Magnum? Would hands and melee weapons be more flavorful? I'm not that much familiar with the lore, but Salubri seem to deal with melee weapons mostly.

So technically he can channel aggravated damage into any weapon that he uses. Favor wise he is like a Ghost Rider in that his weapons transform into deadlier weapons when he uses them. That said, he would likely be unfamiliar with guns as he went into torpor before they were invented, but no technical reason prevents him from channeling his powers through them.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2017 13:41 by jblacey.

More
18 Jul 2017 17:09 - 18 Jul 2017 17:10 #82656 by BenPeal
Replied by BenPeal on topic Submission: Samiel

I'd really love for a word or character count for crypt cards instead of how many lines we're permitted.

I'll ask Vincent what the character max for four lines of text is. There's gonna be some inexactness there, as different characters have different sizes since the font isn't fixed-width.

The number of lines is very important as it determines the font size (aka readibility).

The longest crypt text that results in 4 lines using Vincent's card creator is Arnulf Jormungandrsson:

Camarilla: If Arnulf attempts to block, the acting minion cannot play action modifiers requiring Dementation :dem:, Dominate :dom:, Necromancy :nec: or Presence :pre: until the end of the action.

That's (I think) 187 characters including the discipline symbols. However, don't assume that every block of text that's 187 characters will result in four lines. It's a non-fixed-width font and sometimes word sizes cause inefficient line breaks.

Edit: I'll get this info added to the submission guidelines.
Last edit: 18 Jul 2017 17:10 by BenPeal.

More
20 Jul 2017 02:56 #82682 by Boris The Blade
Replied by Boris The Blade on topic Submission: Samiel
You got the name wrong. It is spelled Chuck Norris.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ankha, jblacey

More
20 Jul 2017 07:46 - 20 Jul 2017 07:46 #82687 by Ankha
Replied by Ankha on topic Submission: Samiel

Samiel
10 Capacity Vampire group 3
!salu!
:AUS: :DOM: :FOR: :VAL: :OBE:
Sabbat. Samiel has aggravated damage and treats aggravated damage as normal damage. Samiel may enter combat with a minion as a (D) action. +2 Strength

You're trying to put to many special into one vampire. There's a point system that can help you balancing the vampires.

www.tenerdo.org/cac.html#pointallowance

This vampire is worth 10 (disciplines) + 1.5 (for agg) + 1.5 (for treating agg as normal) + 1.5 (for entering combat) + 3 (for +2 strength) = 17.5 points.

10-caps are supposed to have around 12 points.

Prince of Paris, France
Ratings Coordinator, Rules Director
Last edit: 20 Jul 2017 07:46 by Ankha.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rowdy

More
20 Jul 2017 12:58 - 21 Jul 2017 22:16 #82692 by jblacey
Replied by jblacey on topic Submission: Samiel
Feedback! Thank you. Okay lets fix him.

Simple version:

Samiel
10 Cap Vampire group 3
!salu!
:AUS: :FOR: :VAL: :dom: :obe:
Sabbat. Samiel's damage is aggravated. In combat he treats aggravated damage as normal. He may enter combat with any minion as a (D) action.

Character count: 139
Point totals:
Name
Modifier
Total
10 Capacity
+12
5 Diff Disciplines
+0.5
Disciplines Spent
Agg Damage
Agg as Norm
Enter Combat

Does that fix it? It should leave room if we need to add text for clarification. I am going to go back through verify all point totals and shorten text if possible for all of my submissions. Sorry, for the delay I was out of town for a VTES tourney.
Last edit: 21 Jul 2017 22:16 by jblacey. Reason: Clarified: damage in combat, no cheap Daring the Dawn.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.079 seconds