file Submission: Anarch Black Market

02 Sep 2017 21:10 #83358 by Kraus
I'd add a "if succesful" clause to the unlock effect.

If the recursion effect seems too much, you can make it that you have to lock the Market for the rffect; effectively use it either for the unlock or the recursion effect.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
02 Sep 2017 22:34 - 02 Sep 2017 22:35 #83360 by jblacey

I'd add a "if succesful" clause to the unlock effect.

Updated. Thanks, forgot to add that word.

You may lock this card after an Anarch vampire successfully uses an equip action to unlock the acting vampire. As a discard phase action, you may exchange a card in your hand for a non-unique equipment card in your ash heap.

If the recursion effect seems too much, you can make it that you have to lock the Market for the rffect; effectively use it either for the unlock or the recursion effect.

That is reasonable, but I am not sure it is necessary.
Last edit: 02 Sep 2017 22:35 by jblacey.

More
02 Sep 2017 23:44 - 03 Sep 2017 00:12 #83361 by jblacey
Let me expand my thought. Multiple options:

Option A (the current proposal)

Anarch Black Market
Master
2 pool
Master: unique location
You may lock this card after an Anarch vampire successfully uses an equip action to unlock the acting vampire. As a discard phase action, you may exchange a card in your hand for a non-unique equipment card in your ash heap.

1) Major and Minor effect but you can do both in the same turn.
2) The first effect has one cost and the second has a different cost.
3) The text is fairly long.

Option B

Anarch Black Market
Master
2 pool
You may lock this card to unlock an Anarch after they successfully use an equip action or to exchange a card in your hand for a non-unique equipment card in your ash heap.

1) A choice of either instead of both.
2) Both have the same cost.
3) Shortest text.

Option C

Anarch Black Market
Master
2 pool
You may lock this card to unlock an Anarch after they successfully use an equip action or to exchange a card in your hand for a non-unique equipment card in your ash heap as a discard phase action.

1) A choice of either instead of both.
2) The recursion effect has two costs.
3) Medium length.

Option D

Anarch Black Market
Master
You may add a counter and lock this card, to unlock an Anarch after they successfully use an equip action or to exchange a card in your hand for a non-unique equipment card in your ash heap. Burn this card if it has 3 counters.

1) Choice of either instead of both.
2) Both have the same cost, but the card eventually burns and has no initial pool cost.
3) Text about the same length as Option A.
Last edit: 03 Sep 2017 00:12 by jblacey.

More
03 Sep 2017 13:32 #83366 by Kraus
Any of these options could be fine to be honest. It's basically up to play testing which would be preferable.

The designs there though, so I'd suggest you concentrate on other cards for now. :) at least I can't say without some playtesting what's the most suitable variation. They all fill the same purpose anyways.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
01 Oct 2017 04:15 #83690 by jblacey
Updated with art notes and flavor text. Seems like I forgot them on these cards.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds