file Submission: Hold the city/Proxy Prince

09 Sep 2017 04:22 - 09 Sep 2017 04:39 #83452 by ReverendRevolver
Two submissions today (sort of)
Hold the City
Action :action:
1 :blood:
Requires a ready Primigen.
+1 stealth action. Untap this acting Primigen. While this vampire is ready, Primigen you control may play cards as a prince. Primigen you control get +1 intercept against bleed actions. If this Primigen is no longer ready, burn a pool and move this card to another ready Primigen.
Art notes: 2-3 Primigen standing on a rooftop ledge, looking down. The look somewhat battered but resolute. Preferably, three notorious Primigen from one set, ie Anvil, Gitane, Roxane or Ruth, Pug, Carna or Gem, Emily, Eugene.... You get the idea.

Fluff: in a princless city, most Primigen would attempt to be prince, unless in very real danger and awaiting reinforcements. This is representative of that second situation.
Game need: Primigen suck. There are so many and we feel so sorry for them. They are almost good. This let's them play with prince toys like second trade and parity shift and stay Primigen.

Next:
Proxy Prince: Atlanta
:action:
:blood: 1
Requires a ready Primigen.
Put this card on the acting Primigen and untap her. She is now Prince of Atlanta. If an older Camarilla vampire would contest this title, she immidiately yeilds.

Art: a shadowy(due to lighting) figure is holding a damaged and tarnished crown, look down at it somberly.
Fluff: a Primigen seized power in a vacuum.... For now.....
Game need: so, I'm a Primigen. But I'd rather be a prince and suck less.
But I'm a Primigen, so just have one vote.... Problem solved.... Sort of.....

Also Proxy Prince: Rome, Miami, New York, and maybe Chicago. Why? You see them often enough to matter.

Thoughts?
They feel clunky to me, possibly needing a burn option on the Proxy Prince run.
Last edit: 09 Sep 2017 04:39 by ReverendRevolver.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ashur

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2017 13:07 #83459 by Kraus
Still no access to computer or proper time (such life, much busy, wow) so no chance to write a thorough or long reply, but I'll have to say I'm not really feeling these.

I'd rather see primogen make for a very different approach than just playing cards that... allow them to be pseudo Princes.

It'll still make them lesser Princes.

We also already have Will of the council. Can't make direct comparisons just yet but I kind of like that design more (even though you make this a free action to help).

I'd rather make primogen accessible to specific utility strategies line Black Hand isn't clan specific and has plenty of funny interactions (most notably and making them powerful, untaps).

Long story short at the noment: I don't like that primogen would get help which only make them pseudo prineces. That only drives camarilla further into "prince only" sect (which it obviously isn't, but it's really one of the selling points of the whole sect).

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
10 Sep 2017 13:28 #83469 by ReverendRevolver
Love the want to push towards BH level utilities, and I even understand the not wanting to make Primigen weak princes. I just know the Camarilla have numerous Primigen held back by the inability to go anarch any non-succession way.
Heck, I'd even considered the hold the city being a mix of second trad and babble, +1 intercept and untap, or burn a blood and unlock a younger cam vamp to block.
I just didn't want "Primigen second trad, Primigen under siege, Primigen feild training and Primigen seraphs second" to be painfully obvious, but powerful effects they need should focus around untaps, knowing what's up in a city(blocking d actions?) , In-clan supporting and dare I say, vote shenanigans. I'll throw up more ideas/cards later, and look forward to your input.

More
10 Sep 2017 21:11 #83480 by Whisker
There is a non secession way for cam primogen to go anarch, it's called Into the fire. Of course putting 5 or so otherwise useless master cards to your deck to make primogen an anarch is not exactly efficient.

More
11 Sep 2017 02:45 - 11 Sep 2017 02:46 #83483 by Boris The Blade
I don't agree with the original diagnosis. Primogen do not suck. Bad vampires suck, and bad primogen suck because they are bad vampires, not because they are primogen. Do you really believe that Carna needs more intercept? If you want to make Camarilla less focused on princes, the solution should be Camarilla cards that do not rely on titles or politics, not another narrow focus on Primogen.

That being said, I like the idea of primogen (and bishops as well for that matter) having an easier way to be promoted to prince (resp. arcbishop.) That could increase crypt variety in political decks. For balance, fluff and ease of play, I would put the contest restriction at play time rather than later.

Something like:

Power vacuum: Atlanta
+1 Stealth action
1 blood
Requires a Primogen. Put this card on this Primogen to represent the title of Prince of Atlanta. Not playable if that title would be contested.

The template could be changed to have the same card work on both primogen and bishops.
Last edit: 11 Sep 2017 02:46 by Boris The Blade.

More
11 Sep 2017 03:53 #83484 by jblacey
I feel like this card is trying to do something that has already been done. This card exists in Camarilla Edition and Keepers of Tradition.

Will of the Council
:action:
+1 stealth action. Requires a ready primogen.
Put this card on the acting primogen. During the referendum of a political action, this primogen can burn 1 blood to gain 1 vote. This primogen can burn this card to play a card that requires a prince as if he or she were a prince. This primogen can burn this card when a prince enters torpor to receive (and contest) the same title as that prince. A vampire can have only 1 Will of the Council.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds