file Submission: Hold the city/Proxy Prince

11 Sep 2017 12:20 #83487 by Boris The Blade

I feel like this card is trying to do something that has already been done. This card exists in Camarilla Edition and Keepers of Tradition.

Exactly, but in a way that does not suck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 Sep 2017 15:33 - 11 Sep 2017 15:46 #83492 by ReverendRevolver

I don't agree with the original diagnosis. Primogen do not suck. Bad vampires suck, and bad primogen suck because they are bad vampires, not because they are primogen. Do you really believe that Carna needs more intercept? If you want to make Camarilla less focused on princes, the solution should be Camarilla cards that do not rely on titles or politics, not another narrow focus on Primogen.

That being said, I like the idea of primogen (and bishops as well for that matter) having an easier way to be promoted to prince (resp. arcbishop.) That could increase crypt variety in political decks. For balance, fluff and ease of play, I would put the contest restriction at play time rather than later.

Something like:

Power vacuum: Atlanta
+1 Stealth action
1 blood
Requires a Primogen. Put this card on this Primogen to represent the title of Prince of Atlanta. Not playable if that title would be contested.

The template could be changed to have the same card work on both primogen and bishops.

Thematically, Cam should place emphasis on individual vamps who are in positions of power being key. Just as sabbat can Abbot and Under Siege to have 2 caps or pander block effectively, cam are about the have and have nots, and empowering the former to oppress the latter. So, helping Primogen is cool for theme.
I can counter argue that with rare exception, most Primogen who don't suck would be good without that measly vote (Carna, Annabelle Triabell, Emily, etc) whereas the camp of Primogen who would be substantially better if the didn't have a title worth nothing to them that prevents all fluid means of going anarch (Gitane, Roxanne, Jason the world's voice, Ruth McKinley, Eugene...).

I do like you're leadership vacuum for a city idea though.

Will of the council could get Uber errattad to be playable if we return to print I suppose......

Edit: regarding Carna and intercept, she stands on one, goes in toolbox decks where she's probably going to draw a MotS and find a bowl and a bow, and runs eyes of Argus. So, she sits on 2/3, runs another+2 as a wake, and spot eagles sight often. 6/7 intercept only becomes a real question when blocking superior night moves, which I've had the opportunity to do in a tournament once ever, and felt the need to do negative 50 times. I just assume she's gonna block anything not too scary or packing block fails. Tremere always run out of oomph to Salubri, and out attrition most else. She's the only Primogen whose power isn't truly bolstered. But I understand the point you were making, I've submitted better Primogen cards.......
Last edit: 11 Sep 2017 15:46 by ReverendRevolver.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.093 seconds