file Submission: Rat Fink Networker

09 Sep 2017 05:11 #83453 by ReverendRevolver
Submission:
Rat Fink Networker
:ally:
:nosf:
:pool: 3
Werewolf ally with 3 life, 1 strength, 1 bleed. Networker gets +1 stealth on undirected actions. He may take a +1 stealth action to increase your hand size by 2 until your discard phase. If Networker has 2 or fewer life during your untap phase, he gains a life.

Art notes: a werewolf (yes, wolf, not ratkin) in Glabro form, dressed like a homeless person in an alley.
WoD reference: WtA 20thAE, p. 494 describes a faction of Bone Gnawers who are called the Rat Fink's. They deal in info networks, and it's stated:Other supernatural creatures some-times interact with the camp as well: Nosferatu vampires, Ratkin spies and even Corax messengers.
So, ta-da, nos.
Game need: not sure we NEED the nos to have a werewolf, but the nossies have always had cool utility stuff (effective management as an action, shrecknet, Warsaw station, breeding pit, etc) but allies are limited to underbridge stray or "build around me!" Nossie beastial.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
09 Sep 2017 12:59 #83458 by Kraus
I'm loving this so much it's killing me!

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
09 Sep 2017 15:13 #83460 by jblacey
I have two conflicting opinions.

1) It is probably under-costed for 3 pool. For example, if it didn't have a clan requirement I would expected this card to cost 4 pool.

1 strength, 1 bleed, 3 life = 2 pool cost
+1 stealth for indirect = +0.5 pool cost
+1 stealth for +2 hand size = +1 pool cost
regain a life if under 2 = +0.5 pool cost

= 4 pool cost

2) Making this Ally require Nosferatu probably should be considered a disadvantage.

I really don't think this Ally will see any play.

More
09 Sep 2017 17:38 #83462 by jamesatzephyr

Submission:
Rat Fink Networker
:ally:
:nosf:
:pool: 3
Werewolf ally with 3 life, 1 strength, 1 bleed. Networker gets +1 stealth on undirected actions. He may take a +1 stealth action to increase your hand size by 2 until your discard phase. If Networker has 2 or fewer life during your untap phase, he gains a life.

As it's non-unique, that hand size action can stack, and I think that's a bad idea, generally. I'd consider making it unique, or alternatively for a non-unique ally, I'd put in some self-limiting text that limits it to once per turn for all your Networkers, or something like that.

More
09 Sep 2017 23:45 #83463 by Boris The Blade

Networker gets +1 stealth on undirected actions.

Which interesting undirected actions can be taken by allies? If this is only going to work on his special, better make the special +2 stealth and remove that part.

More
10 Sep 2017 00:24 #83464 by ReverendRevolver

Networker gets +1 stealth on undirected actions.

Which interesting undirected actions can be taken by allies? If this is only going to work on his special, better make the special +2 stealth and remove that part.

Considered that, but the idea of a homeless werewolf equipping a 44 or a hawg , or employing JS Simmons or me Winthrop is too amusing to not gain extra stealth.
@James: probably right, as breed n boon nos could theoretically draw more bugs n con boon with multiple of these.
@jblacey: so it's either too good for cost or unplayable because it takes Nos? I'd accept that balancing it theoretically, since werewolvesare typically tunnel runners and Jacob for bleeding, or renegades and fight, showing good werewolves are Gangrel and thier African cousins territory.
They function as a toolboxy nos option, like other nifty things the clans gotten over the years. I didn't go unique because I feel like that would kind of be a nos version of hi-top...
The following user(s) said Thank You: lionel

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.086 seconds