file Submission: Rat Fink Networker

13 Sep 2017 05:19 #83523 by ReverendRevolver
So,
There are 2 not-insane things I can add to the original, and if it's the end-all-be-all meta breaker, someone let me Know. (Spoiler, that isn't the most likely outcome)

Rat Fink Networker
:ally:
:nosf: !nosf!
:pool: 3
Werewolf ally with 3 life, 1 strength, 1 bleed. Networker gets +1 stealth on undirected actions. Lock Networker to increase your hand size by 2 until your next discard phase. If Networker has 2 or fewer life during your untap phase, he gains a life.

So....... Now it's actually usable as a DotS that hangs out and maybe blocks? Too much?

I'm aiming at something the game has the potential to do great, fun allies, and frankly, some things are great (war ghouls, dead hookers aka reanimated corpse, Carlton, nephran ka...) but sadly, other things that are even good are just slightly out of reach (renegade garou is sweet, but costs one pool too high. Don't believe me? Build a deck around using several and don't use charisma or something similar.... Anansi vampirephile is great if we pretend it's akunanse not guruhi that get it, rock cats cool, just sad non-slave gargoyle decks suck, etc...)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 Sep 2017 06:10 - 13 Sep 2017 06:17 #83526 by Kraus
You could play Zip lines for 3 stealth and later bleed for lots a stealth with bleed retainers, plus boosts from Anu Diptinatpa and those dominate cards that give allies extra bleed and conditioning! Such combo.

You could play Rave every turn at 2 stealth to move 2 blood from the garous life to a vampire, and regenerate and use Vagabond mystic to replenish! ...can you? Anyways, such combo!

You could play Gramle for extra stealth tutoring!

Anonymous freight for 4 STEALTH!!

Did I miss anything?

I mean, seems broken to me.

Srsly though, then there're all the recruit and employment and equip actions. I just can't see that being overpowered, or even strong. If you want to add to ally spam decks a recruiter that requiers a vampire from other useless clan and pay 3 whopping pool for it, youre doing something wrong.

Competitively I mean.

For fun, this is gold.

Any reason you want to take the action part out of the extra hand size part and not keep it a 1 stealth action? Instantaneous effects make it way stronger, but does it make it more fun game play wise? If you dont necessarily need to make it an Instantaneous effect I'd suggest it being an action so that people have a chance to react and interact for a more fun experience.

In the case where you want to give it a boost your could either still add an extrange stealth in there (for a total of 3) or indeed just make it 'lock'. It does give it a competitive boost but takes some intuitivity and interaction out of the package.

Whatever you do or add, don't go over 3 pool in the cost. You can't make it strong enough in those clans to warrant that. Unless you're deliberately trying to break the game. The original plan of a utility ally with a strong theme didn't lead me to believe that was your aim.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines
Last edit: 13 Sep 2017 06:17 by Kraus.

More
13 Sep 2017 14:06 #83534 by ReverendRevolver
I went for the switch from action to just a fslast lock effect so it had more chances to interact as a minion. Doesn't make sense? It's got standing stealth on actions an ally typically doesn't care about, and it's still a wolf. Being a wolf, it regenerates after taking a token block or preforming one it's self. It's no Remnant, if the table is 2 caps with not even TV for combat, I guess 2-3 of these can be a persistent attrition plan. But in real life, 6-9 pool is neighbor John and a pair of 2 caps, or owain and match halcyon, or a tunnel runners and Jacob..... You get the idea.

I've always liked that war ghouls can tap, sac, burn a location. It's almost lost in the other, primary function text. But things that let you tap whenever are hot. A fast effect that lets you hope for stealth, combat, a taste, freak drive, or whatever is cool, but do you need 2 more cards or a bleed of 1 or a blocker? That's the kind of question a toolboxy fun card should raise, and it did that with it's initial action, but I feel bumps it's playability up a hair as a lock effect. It's plainly not cog+deep song for any given deck, but several nos archetype can benefit from it. obviously, no archtype goes nuts either.
I miss having new players around who run Muddled Vampire Hunter in mall '94 for funsies..... What if allies not named Carlton were considered not terrible in the Johnny-spike style decks if the world?
I suppose we can dream..... Or in my case skim books for more possibilities. Just wish I could cook up a justifiable Mokole for Trujah.......

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds