file Submission: Camarilla Influence

10 Sep 2017 15:37 - 01 Oct 2017 19:56 #83470 by jblacey
Name: Camarilla Influence
Cardtype: Action
Cost: 1 blood
Capacity: NA
Discipline: NA
Clan: NA
+1 Stealth. Requires a Camarilla vampire. Only one Camarilla Influence can be played each turn. Move the top card from your crypt to your uncontrolled region and add a blood from the blood bank for each ready Primogen you control.

World of Darkness reference: Camarilla's greatest asset is the their ability to influence mortals and other creatures. Commonly Camarilla vampires spend great amounts of their character creation points, this is encouraged by GMs, into Background: Influence. This means that they are able to recruit new vampires to their cause in exchange for boons and negotiate terms in politics. Usually new vampires do not interact with the prince beyond their initial presentation. Instead, the task of introduction and oversight of new vampires to a city is instead handed to the Primogen to look over them. whitewolf.wikia.com/wiki/Primogen_(VTM)

How does this card address a compelling game need?: This card makes a Primogen deck viable without making Primogen a watered down version of a Prince. It means that the Primogen title is useful for something other than political actions. My hope is that this will encourage a mid-range Primogen deck since the title does not contest and it is reasonable to get multiple Primogen into play. In a pinch this can be used for pool gain but the main goal is to speed up the influencing of mid-range Primogen vampires. As a safety measure it is restricted to once per turn.

Created by: Justin Lacey

Update: September 30th 2017

Based on suggestions, I made the text more explicit and set the blood provided for an acting Primogen to 3, rather than variable.

Camarilla Influence
:action:
1 :blood:
+1 Stealth. Requires a Camarilla vampire. Only one Camarilla Influence can be played each turn. Move the top card from your crypt to your uncontrolled region and add 3 blood from the blood bank to the crypt card if the acting vampire is a Primogen.

Update: October 1st 2017

Forgot art notes and flavor text

Art Notes: Annabelle Triabell walking down a path giving a guided tour and pointing at a large mansion with a party going on.
Flavor Text: "I do not know everything; still many things I understand." -Goethe

Update: October 1st 2017, part 2

Text change per suggestions and added the flavor text from my previous update.

Camarilla Influence
:action:
1 :blood:
+1 Stealth. Requires a Camarilla vampire. Only one Camarilla Influence can be played each turn. Move the top card from your crypt to your uncontrolled region. If the acting vampire is a Primogen, add 3 blood from the blood bank to the card.
I do not know everything; still many things I understand. -Goethe
Last edit: 01 Oct 2017 19:56 by jblacey.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScoundrelAtHeart

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 Sep 2017 17:58 #83475 by ScoundrelAtHeart
Perfectly nice card :)
I'd definitly play more primogen with that

:salu: Prince of Magdeburg
VEKN-ID: 5850005
Prince-ID: 615

More
11 Sep 2017 16:20 #83497 by ReverendRevolver
Seems reasonable.
My voting grotesques deck (which runs Zane) would love not relying on masters to get more 3 cap non unique gargoyle fodder......

More
20 Sep 2017 15:39 #83603 by jblacey
Nothing to change on this card, it is very good. I am especially happy with the Brujah (Group 1-2 ) and Nosferatu (Group 2-3) versions. I found it especially interesting that group 1 has 26 Primogen in it.

More
21 Sep 2017 08:56 #83607 by Ashur
Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but why is this card good?

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."
The following user(s) said Thank You: Kraus

More
21 Sep 2017 12:05 #83608 by jblacey

Maybe I am misunderstanding something, but why is this card good?

There is multiple styles of decks that this card works.
1) You can make a council of Primogen, in which case the card becomes effective management + Fourth Tradition when you have 3 Primogen in play.
2) Another deck is where you run one or two Primogen and the rest of the crypt is weenies. Unlike running Fourth Tradition alone, this card means you will always have a target to put blood on.
3) Finally, at it's base it is effective management as an action, which turns out is pretty nice (even if you don't get blood from it).

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.084 seconds