file Submission: Camarilla Influence

21 Sep 2017 12:38 #83609 by jblacey
I have considered changing the card so if the acting vampire is a Primogen that it adds 3 blood instead of based on the number of Primogen. For the Primogen council deck the first time you use the card it only adds a blood but if it ever gets to 5+ blood, it can snowball out of control.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
21 Sep 2017 13:05 #83610 by Kraus
Oh, okay, i seriously didn't understand the card previously.

You're missing "and put 1 blood ON THAT VAMPIRE for each Primogen..." after the thing where you draw from your crypt.

Still it's not ridiculously good by any means... but i can see where you're going with this.

Still not better than Govern though. I wouldn't put it past it for this to not cost blood.

"Oh, to the Hades with the manners! He's a complete bastard, and calling him that insults bastards everywhere!"
-Nalia De-Arnise

garourimgazette.wordpress.com/
www.vekn.net/forum-guidelines

More
21 Sep 2017 14:16 #83611 by jblacey

Still not better than Govern though. I wouldn't put it past it for this to not cost blood.

Well Govern is a part of the Dominate power 3 (Conditioning, Deflection, Govern the Unaligned). My goal wasn't to create a card that powerful. That said, I am in favor of a Camarilla sect based card that serves a similar purpose as half of Govern. 4th tradition is the Prince/Justicar version but they have their own power cards (Parity Shift, 2nd tradition) and the goal is to create new sect based cards that don't require those specific titles. We want to make room for new archetypes and not just rehash existing ones. One thing you may not have noticed is that this card doesn't require the card in the crypt to be younger, that was intentional. I am completely okay with a Primogen helping to influence out a Prince, IMHO it is more thematically appropriate than the reverse.

More
22 Sep 2017 07:22 #83615 by Ashur

You're missing "and put 1 blood ON THAT VAMPIRE for each Primogen..." after the thing where you draw from your crypt.

Yes, this was also my "misreading" of the card. With that added it seems more reasonable, even though it still feels a bit weak (but that is HIGHLY dependent on what other cards would be added to a Primogen-boosting "Council concept" batch of new cards, which I welcome more ideas on.)

But yes, sadly, all such cards would be measured against Govern the Unaligned - in my opinion the best card in the game.

"My strategy? Luck is my strategy, of course."

More
30 Sep 2017 21:56 #83687 by jblacey
Updated. Hope this clarifies the card text and the new static bonus for Primogen makes the card more consistent.

More
01 Oct 2017 06:15 #83695 by jblacey
Updated with Flavor text and Art notes.

More
Moderators: AnkhaKraus
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds